Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Aciiiiid! Rave's first 30 years in pictures

Never got the early years, the music just sounded irritating. Went to some warehouse in Edmonton around 88 and it seemed boring at midnight so we all fucked off. Had we stayed and taken something it could all (life) have been completely different. :D

Wasn't till about 94 and going on holiday to Tenerife and popping that first pill that life changed. Really changed! Became single again and discovered the sort of heavy dark music I loved. London Acid City! :D

Danced like a bastard for years. Don't think my heart could do it these days at my age. :D

I was at that Tottenham Hale rave. That was an awesome night. In a disused meat factory,
still had the huge meat hooks hanging from the ceiling.

30 years :D
My intro was 1988 when all my older life guard colleagues at the local sports center pool could be found in the sauna and jacuzzi riding their come downs on a Sunday afternoon.
1989 I fully embraced it and got off the train in ‘95 with comprehensively depleted serotonin levels :D

I’m still searching for that feeling :):) time of my life, I can be sat in the car and an unexpected old school tune can kick off a xylophone glissando of pleasure up my spine

Amazing times. We were all going to rare groove parties and the occasional blues dance in the late 80s then I went to Spain for six months, came back and everyone I knew was suddenly a lovedup raver.

20 years of pills have taken their toll emotionally but it was worth it. I also still get that head back tingling spine feeling, and not just for house music.

I think my favourite on screen representation is the episode of spaced where they get pilled up and go raving and the guy spills someone's drink and expects to get punched.

I was at that Tottenham Hale rave. That was an awesome night. In a disused meat factory,
still had the huge meat hooks hanging from the ceiling.

Me too, we went there in the morning on the tube after doing Pendragon at Tyssen St for NYE. A mate of ours from Brighton had a rig there.
Such a huge building
afterparty.jpg
The photos in that article are good but I've seen quite a few of them before.

Cool, looks like a larger version of my bedroom wall from about 1990.
On a similar note if you visit the urinals at Market Hall Victoria, then look up.
20190110_104303.jpg

Back
Top Bottom