Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

I forgot to mention that Jakey did what he does to me to my mum - come up and give a "kiss" on the face - my mum is a bit squeamish about animal germs, it was hilarious :D
My friend's cat Sulty used to kiss me full on the lips (as well as paddy-pawing my boobs)! Everybody joked that Sulty was my boyfriend because he was so affectionate and seemed to see me as his lady.

I think I posted on here that Jocky got his arse kicked several times by a huge tom from over the backs, chasing him right up to his catflap. Well, since coming home with quite a lot of scratches on his lickle nose, we haven't seen anything of that nasty bullying bastard, so it looks like our Jocks got his own back! Hurray!
Good he stood up for himself, Lilith had the same off Cookie next door but now she chases him off the premises!

You never fully belong to a cat until you're asleep in bed and you're awoken by a cat pissing on your face :facepalm:
I've had on my legs, on my chest, and on the pillow next to my face :D
I think I still belong to my cat though, I am his willing servant and carer, as I have been with all my cats.
Syringing food into a feeding tube and regularly changing the dressings and keeping the stoma clean was about the most stressful and responsible thing I've ever had to do for a cat - vet did suggest after 5 weeks on the tube that Radar had got just a little too comfortable with not having to make any effort to fill his own stomach, like the onerous task of picking up food with his mouth and swallowing and such :D

Kizzy has been under the weather and stressed and had/has cystitis we think
Not sure if it's because we were away 2 weekends in a row :(
went to vet yesterday almost £170!! and they forgot to give us the gabapentin then messaged to say they can't send to the closer vets and have to go miles to pick it up ffs! :mad:
have told them it is their error

Kizzy has been under the weather and stressed and had/has cystitis we think
Not sure if it's because we were away 2 weekends in a row :(
went to vet yesterday almost £170!! and they forgot to give us the gabapentin then messaged to say they can't send to the closer vets and have to go miles to pick it up ffs! :mad:
have told them it is their error

I hope she feels better soon - as you know we've had a right old time with Jakey's recent bout of cystitis - hope Kizzy isn't as ill or as badly affected by the gabapentin as he was - it does help but one of the ways it helps is by relaxing the urinary sphincter and with Jakey it got a bit too relaxed iykwim and he was too ill and drugged up to do a lot about it except pee wherever he happened to be - might be an idea to get a pack of puppy pads (or adult incontinence bed pads from the pharmacy might work out a bit cheaper and they are the exact same product, not that they are massively expensive but ykwim) just in case you need something absorbent to put in her favourite sleeping spots.

Best of luck, and get well soon, sweet Kizzy xx

Hi all on the cat thread, Sorry to say I have sad news, that my cat, Elmer, passed away last Friday. Went missing Friday morning, and I found him Saturday morning in a neighbours garden. Not sure what happened, he'd fallen from a fence/shed roof. Might have had something medical happen that caused it - the vet couldn't really tell. At least it was quick either-way, and I'm so glad I could find his body. He's being cremated - the staff at Medivet Hendon were fantastic when I bought him in.

PXL_20240103_004115202.jpg

Hi all on the cat thread, Sorry to say I have sad news, that my cat, Elmer, passed away last Friday. Went missing Friday morning, and I found him Saturday morning in a neighbours garden. Not sure what happened, he'd fallen from a fence/shed roof. Might have had something medical happen that caused it - the vet couldn't really tell. At least it was quick either-way, and I'm so glad I could find his body. He's being cremated - the staff at Medivet Hendon were fantastic when I bought him in.

View attachment 429907
RIP Elmer you lovely boy. So sorry for your loss, Hollis.

Hollis - such terrible news, I know how very much you loved Elmer, what a gorgeous boy he was.
I am glad for you at least for the fact you found him and weren't left wondering, but sad for you also as I know how devastated you must be. :(

View attachment 429907
So sad.

Back
Top Bottom