Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

They had run out. I no longer believe in God or sheo. :mad:

:( :( :mad: :(

If I'd known you were there I could've suggested you picked up some of their Finest bone-in pork chops, which are on at half price, instead. :p
We had those last night...2 massive fat fuckers, for £2.50 :cool: ....I did bubble and squeak cakes, sugarsnap peas and mushroom gravy to go with em...fucking lovely :cool:
And then we had more eton mess for pudding, with blueberries and strawberries and reduced fat thick cream.

I *should* have no kids tonight, but I'm not sure if it's going to happen or not, atm :hmm: if so I'll prob end up at my bezzer and her gf's new house drinking beer in the garden and eating whatever they care to feed me...or beans on toast and crisps when I get back..otherwise I'll have a freezer rummage later :hmm:

Tonight it's spicy black bean soup wot I made a few days ago and have in the fridge.
One of my favourite things evah and so easy to make.
<parp!>

Black tea and water :(
Actually it's more :) right now. Feel kinda light for the first time in ages.

Tomorow I think Linda McCartney pies, with peas and mash. Lets think about that instead :)

Home made Chinese take away style curry - chicken, beef and mushroom.

DSCF2213.jpg

In fact, its better than the local take away :)

(and yes, I did make a base sauce/paste - nothing from a jar or tin here)

Home made Chinese take away style curry - chicken, beef and mushroom.

DSCF2213.jpg

In fact, its better than the local take away :)

(and yes, I did make a base sauce/paste - nothing from a jar or tin here)
Ohhh looks lovely - post the recipe so i can steal it :cool:

Ohhh looks lovely - post the recipe so i can steal it :cool:

I halfed the recipe for the paste and ended up with 10-12 servings worth of paste.

How to make chinese curry sauce the real thing from scratch.

CURRY SAUCE (CHINESE)

550ml veg.Oil.
1 Onion (large sliced).
1 Carrot (large sliced very thin).
4 Bay leaves.
6 Cloves Garlic.
4 Star anise.
1 Tsp. Five spice powder.
1 Stick of cinnamon.
80g. Coconut cream.
1 Tsp. Salt.
1 TBsp. Sugar..
3 Tsp. Chilli powder.
225g Curry powder. (eastern star or mild madras)
1 Tsp. Turmeric powder.
550g Plain flour.
half orange Peel & the fruit.
half apple sliced
METHOD
Cut up onion and carrot into small pieces. Heat oil in pan and place on very low heat. Add
onion and carrot. Simmer for about thirty minutes before adding:
bay leaves,
orange peel & the fruit,
salt,
sugar,
garlic,
star anise,
five spice powder,
cinnamon,
Continue simmering for an hour on very low heat until all ingredients have pulped let pan cool a little.
Remove the hard stuff and wiz up whats left in the pan with a hand blender or push though a sieve, Re-heat very low and add:
coconut cream.
chilli powder.
Turmeric powder.
Slowly add the curry powder and continue stirring until all mixed in.
Slowly add the flour stirring until ingredients turn into a very stiff paste, almost solid. The curry paste is ready for use
or can be stored in air tight jars in the cubbard, fridge or freezer for future use.

MAKING UP CURRY SAUCE FROM PASTE
40g curry paste.
225ml chicken stock (add half knor chicken stock cube to 225ml boiling water.
half Tsp suger.
half Tsp msg or salt
Take 40g of the curry paste and add 200ml of chicken stock. Bring to maximum heat and simmer until all paste is thoroughly mixed in. Add more paste or stock to obtain the required thickness.

add pre fried onion, mushrooms, beef, chicken, whatever and simmer for 5 mins.

I certainly endorse it.

Reactions: han
Excellent, thank you - screen grabbed and saved for printing out at a later stage.

The only negative i see there is use a knorr stock cube......i dunt make stock from cubes/packet mixes etc, but thats me init;) easiest way i found is to buy one or two of them cooked chickens from *supermarket of your choice* and make the stock from the legs, bones and anything other than the breast meat.

Black tea and water :(
Actually it's more :) right now. Feel kinda light for the first time in ages.

Tomorow I think Linda McCartney pies, with peas and mash. Lets think about that instead :)

How are your energy levels? Have you had any headaches? I attempted the fasting diet today, with just a bit of fruit and some nuts at breakfast, & a piece of toast at lunch, but by 3pm had a terrible headache & felt like i was gonna pass out with lack of energy, so gave up and just had a normal dinner.

Hellsbells said:
How are your energy levels? Have you had any headaches? I attempted the fasting diet today, with just a bit of fruit and some nuts at breakfast, & a piece of toast at lunch, but by 3pm had a terrible headache & felt like i was gonna pass out with lack of energy, so gave up and just had a normal dinner.

I haven't done much today but am quite bouncy, almost jittery, that might be the black fresh coffee I had though. ;)
No headaches as have drunk about 10 pints of water.

Also no heartburn for the first time in as long as I can remember which is great :)

I got some mince out of the freezer last night so I can make a bit batch of slow cooker bolognaise sauce today.
I was thinking that I'd make a lasagne for tea tonight, but a glance out of the window tells me it really isn't a lasagne kinda day.
So I think I'll change my mind and get some bbq stuff when I'm shopping later.

Toulouse sausages, mash, peas and gravy.

Change of plan, I had grilled chicken breasts 7 the veggie littlun had fishless fingers, which are apparently very yummy :)

Tonight we shall be getting a massive curry delivery, washed down with plenty red wine.

I got some mince out of the freezer last night so I can make a bit batch of slow cooker bolognaise sauce today.
I was thinking that I'd make a lasagne for tea tonight, but a glance out of the window tells me it really isn't a lasagne kinda day.
So I think I'll change my mind and get some bbq stuff when I'm shopping later.
you could make burgers ;) :)

Oooooh, that sounds good... Do you have a recipe?

I got it from the side of a tin of Tropical Sun Black Beans. Can't find the same recipe online (the online one has meat in).

Anyway, it's SOOOO easy and quick and tasty - I always double the quantity below and freeze some, I also quadruple the quantity of fresh coriander and stick a whole bunch in. And then I sprinkle a bit of grated cheddar and sliced green chillies on the top when serving. Nom.

SPICY BLACK BEAN SOUP (servers 4)

30ml Olive oil
2 chopped garlic cloves
2 chopped medium red onions
2 chopped green chillies
2 tsp ground cumin
2 x tins black beans (do not drain)
500ml vegetable stock (don't put more in as it'll be too watery)
6 tbsp fresh coriander

Fry onion, garlic, chillies, for 3 mins til tender. Add the 2 tins of beans with their water, and the stock. Bring to boil and boil for 10 mins. Add the fresh coriander and mix. Get a hand blender and blend to the consistency you want. Finito!

If it's too watery, eg. you've put in a bit too much stock, just add a couple of tins more of beans to thicken. Black beans, or I've put in aduki or any other kind of bean and it tastes great.

Cheers Han :)
Will make that next week.

Tonight I am making home made Tarka Dahl and yoghurt flat breads to go with it. Mmmmmmm :)

Back
Top Bottom