Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Going out to Pizza Slut as a last of the festive season treat. BFs son leaves us tomorrow after being here for a week and I think he deserves a ice-cream factory thing.

It's going to be beef and mushrooms in red wine. The beef is three different small bags of stewing beef and steak found in the freezer. We had snow here overnight so it needs to be something hearty :)

The chicken/broc/mushroom/spring onion stir-fry and rice we were going to have last night. I don;t think it's going to be very nice mind, cos the broccoli's seen better days... :hmm: :(

Halloumi, salad, patatas bravas, and the chocolate and Guinness cake that's currently cooling in the kitchen, assuming it's come out ok.

We've got some leftover chilli in the freezer so fajitas with sour cream and refried beans. Mmmmmm, haven't had fajitas for ages.

Got a lovely bit of Sirloin earlier so going to have that, medium rare, with some roasties, sweet potato roasties, broccoli and cannellini beans cooked in garlic and cream.

I made the stock and cooked the wild rice for cream of mushroom soup with leeks yesterday. All I need to do when I get home is to throw the fresh ingredients in and cook it a bit.

I made apple crisp too.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm glad I'm home from my mother's house so I can do my own cooking. (Too much meat, too little veg).

Chicken Casserole n creamy mash

chicken breasts rolled in flour, salt n pepper - browned in pan of oil
lardons - fried
mushrooms - fried
leek
carrot
parsnip
shallots - caramelised
mixed herbs
salt & pepper
parsley
chicken stock
beer
oven @ 180 ~ 90 minutes
thickened with bisto for last 20 mins in oven

We didn't go to Pizza Slut in the end as I was informed that my discount vouchers were for delivery only :oops::mad: so we went to Perfect Pizza and got X2 extra large pizzas and 3 dips for £16. No ice-cream factory thingy but we have Ben & Jerry in the freezer so all is good...:)

Ma-po daufu, baby choy sum in oyster sauce, stirfry of bamboo shoots, green onions and snow peas, rice. No dessert.

It's the other half's birthday and Pip cooked a ham in ginger beer then bunged it in the oven with a ginger and mustard glaze. We had it with mash and savoy cabbage (blanched, dried & then cooked in a wok with garlic butter and black pepper) YUM

...not only that but also a sort of bread and butter pudding made with pain au chocolat and a proper creme Anglaise but she also made meringues with the leftover egg whites in case I want to make a sort of Eton Mess because she saw I've got raspberries in the freezer....

Back
Top Bottom