Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What do your books say about you? Picture thread...

Living room:

2189543726_b1cdcd41d5.jpg

2188766135_8be85371d3.jpg

2189552620_f54c35dba4.jpg

2188768311_8ee8322eae.jpg

I don't understand the Bryson hate. That travelogues aren't great but the history of language stuff is very readable and the history of science book is perfect to read while crapping.

nosos said:
Does that copy of civ 3 by any chance belong to barney? Did you never give it back to him? :D
busted :D i tried! he didn't take it! i think!

Maurice Picarda said:
I don't understand the Bryson hate. That travelogues aren't great but the history of language stuff is very readable and the history of science book is perfect to read while crapping.
He's very likeable - I've just read his childhood memoir and it was enlightening and funny

I've only read perhaps one and a half books, but I found him smug, unfunny, lazily sexist, tedious and totally over-rated

Notes From A Small Island I read all the way through, and about 50 pages each of two or three others, all travelogue ones (it's one of those "You're staying at someone's house and you don't have a book and it's Bryson or Dan Brown' scenario, but 3 times over).

I can see why people don't like him as he's very pleased with himself, but he's good for a train journey

But there are so many other, better writers for a train journey. Life's too short to waste on 'funny and harmless' or 'passes the time'.

Which isn't to say you should only engage with the classics, all day every day, but I need a bit more than Bryson offers for me to bother with it.

chooch said:
A truly pitiful haul. 95% of mine are in boxes in attics. I'm trying to keep the current lot down so I can move to another city in one trip and one smallish parcel.
books1.jpg

I'm living with 25 books :(

Half of them are upside down :mad:

25 books isn't much. I guess it depends how many of then you've read though.

heinous seamus said:
25 books isn't much. I guess it depends how many of then you've read though.
22 1/2 to this evening. This travelling light is shit. I've only got about a third of me music too.
It pains me to think of the boxes and boxes and boxes of beautiful books I've spent the last 23 or so years collecting that are not being read by anybody. :(

I've got a Peter Bagge book for xmas but I'm not allowed open until tomorrow :rolleyes:

At least it's not another Bryson - seem to get one every year :D

Back
Top Bottom