Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What do your books say about you? Picture thread...

Most of my books are still in big blue plastic sacks, following our house getting done up by the landlord last year. Those that I've pulled out to read are scattered about my room and in my bed.

What this says about me is that I'm horribly disorganised, lazy, and have lots of books. Also, that I don't own a digital camera :p

I really need some bookshelves :D :rolleyes:

Yeah I did find some bookshelves on the street, lugged them home but still haven't put the books on them! I prefer my fireplace stack :D.

maestrocloud said:
Yeah I did find some bookshelves on the street, lugged them home but still haven't put the books on them! I prefer my fireplace stack :D.

I had these weird shelves put into this weird alcove in my tiny boxroom - they're about three times the width of normal shelves, so I'll have to find some non-standard way of stacking them, so they're all still reachable.

Plus the fucking builders nicked my proper bookshelf during their six-month "refurb" of our house :rolleyes:

hmmm.... might have to be a few pics innit! will post on this later.

dread to think what it will say about me though...

i had them in piles against walls, all round my room, as well as on a broken book case, but i have fairly recently acquired two huge shelving units from my old flatmate, so now they're all neat, on my shelves.
i don't know what this says about me. :)

i don't think it's about HOW they're stored, but what books you've got...

Sorry, I don't have a lens with a wide enough angle. So you'll just have to visualise instead

Go through the Ikea catalogue until you come to the extra heavy duty wooden shelving. Done that? In the living room there are 4 of those units, fixed in series, each with 4 shelves. Each shelf (apart from the top row, where there's just one row) is completely full of books stacked on their sides, approx 12 separate stacks of books per shelf.
That is the leisure reading of my husband and I. The more factual stuff occupies the space above eye level in the hall, and partly lines the walls of the bedroom.

There are also a few dozen recipe books in the kitchen. :oops:

Before you ask, yes we have read most of them, some several times.

And I nearly forgot to mention his library books!:D

I like the fact that 'Long Walk to Freedom' has a big picture of mandela on the spine so people can easily see that I have a copy. Never read the thing, though. Seen the size of it?!!

Long Walk to Freedom is a top book. You should try to read it. Shame Nelson's legacy and vision is not what SA is about today.

I did this a while ago on Flickr - there's a Group you can join too.

129281473_b035c11f6f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom