Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine

Make of this what you will but there were definitely a lot of anti federalist people inside the TU building.
See the following video. At 1:50 there's a fire started in the stairwell with only anti federalist in the vicinity:

I don't claim to know what happened there but it's just as likely that it was a molotov thrown down the stairs in an attempt to stop them - I know if I was up there and there were armed thugs on the way up to me and I had some molotovs I'd chuck them down at them.

CR - You are right the comparison between Fox and RT isn't fair. But the trouble with RT is when it's biased it undermines other work which may be important. Same as any media organ. I would still take the World Service or Aljazeera over it though.

From annti - any info supporting or undermining it?

(Google translate of course)

Wrote about it on twitter, but a story that's not a sin to repeat.

In the list of 300 journalists who Putin award for coverage of events in Ukraine, fell correspondent Dmitry neo Steshin. He edited the Nazi magazine "Russian way" led a very informative blog and kept at home passport fellow adherent Tikhonov killer Markelov and journalist Baburova.
And, you know, okay, that the Kremlin distinguished awards in promoting - well, then people like the soldiers in the war, was a task they performed it according to his ability, it is necessary to distribute the medals.

But, damn, Fear God, please: the words that east Ukraine, we will not surrender to fascists Putin pinned medal on the neo-Nazi Steshina. "Banderivtsy" - the thing in the worst sense of that word in investing the remaining 299 promoters Putin.

It looks like the awards were made, never heard of that Steshin guy. But sounds likely...

Special correspondents for “Komsomolskaya Pravda” Dmitry Steshin and Alexander Kots, and an NTV television crew were captured and taken hostage on Friday afternoon between the Libyan cities of Benghazi and Adzhdabiya.

... that was from 2011. I imagine both those guys received such an award.

Shit 7 ukrainian soldiers killed according to the ukrainian army :(

Were they Ukrainian soldiers, I'm assuming being the ministry of defence acknowledged it they probably were. Although being they keep sending "men in black" to carry out activities banned under Humanitarian Law I have to be sceptical. However, I would be sceptical of calling it an "escalation" as the BBC reports and personally don't blame the Pro-Russian militants on opening fire on them.

Personally I would say sending Right Sector into Mariupol to open fire on a police station with RPG's and Heavy machine guns, injuring over a dozen people and then public hanging a police office and making it quite clear who ever supports the separatists will be next to hang, was more what the BBC would call a "escalation".

In other words, the violence committed by Right Sector is already pushed Ukraine into a state of war and soldier die in war.

And so much for the Ukrainian army support of the new Junta, three soldiers deserted from their military unit on Odessa and apparently robbed a Gas Station. I kind of a little sceptical of the gas station robbery story, not only because they contain next to no money, but because it sounds like a good excuse to arrest them for deserting, rather the likely case of not wanting to shoot their own countrymen.

Pilger wades in to the Ukrainian debate:
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/may/13/ukraine-us-war-russia-john-pilger
No real surpise on his stance or any new info for anyone following this thread -although I did find this interesting;
US-Meal-Ready-to-Eat-pack-011.jpg

A pro-Russian activist with a shell casing and a US-made meal pack that fell from a Ukrainian army APC in an attack on a roadblock on 3 May in Andreevka, Ukraine.

You're from the UK and based in the UK? Because it's good to know as much info as possible about sources.

Not really, I'm sorry I fail to see what my ethnicity, or nationality has to do with my credibility. Why would I some how loose credibility if I was Russian, or Ukrainian? It's up to you as a free thinking adult, to judge whether you believe me or not, not for you to base an assumption around my background. I'm assuming taking into account previous comments related to RT you have a slight amount of Russophobia and judging by my profile picture you don't trust my credibility because you think I'm Russian. Am I right? Anyway my profile picture is the logo for Left Front who are all currently on trial for the Marsh Trials.

Not really, I'm sorry I fail to see what my ethnicity, or nationality has to do with my credibility. Why would I some how loose credibility if I was Russian, or Ukrainian? It's up to you as a free thinking adult, to judge whether you believe me or not, not for you to base an assumption around my background. I'm assuming taking into account previous comments related to RT you have a slight amount of Russophobia and judging by my profile picture you don't trust my credibility because you think I'm Russian. Am I right? Anyway my profile picture is the logo for Left Front who are all currently on trial for the Marsh Trials.
Of course it's relevant - knowing who is posting is always relevant. It's good practice in fact.

Of course it's relevant - knowing who is posting is always relevant. It's good practice in fact.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to know the background of posters and by all means I'm happy to tell you, but being you asked me 2 minutes after I posted, it's not you conducting "good practice" but doubting the credibility of my comment because you think I'm Russian. And by all means, I'm only human an can be wrong and inclined to bias, but if you feel you have criticism, or scepticism over anything I post, I would prefer for you to address the post first.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to know the background of posters and by all means I'm happy to tell you, but being you asked me 2 minutes after I posted, it's not you conducting "good practice" but doubting the credibility of my comment because you think I'm Russian. And by all means, I'm only human an can be wrong and inclined to bias, but if you feel you have criticism, or scepticism over anything I post, I would prefer for you to address the post first.
Two minutes is nothing to do with it. I wanted to know who you are and what you represent, politically or otherwise - i want to know that of everyone posting on here. Your post was only the cue to me asking in as far as i saw your name and meant to ask it of you and others before. Nothing to do with the content of your post.

frogwoman - nothing that new. One of the Tatar leaders was banned from entering some time ago - can fish out his name if you want. Also, from what I can tell the story is just rehashing old stuff. Russia is desperately trying to keep the Tatars on board (for narrow political reasons of course).

Pilger wades in to the Ukrainian debate:

I quite liked the article. Not convinced Pilger is right (that the Russians are doomed in Ukraine), but I do think that Ukraine, in its current form, will never recover from this. I really do think the Ukrainian government have lost the plot here, I am not sure the Americans realise what they have done yet. Maybe Poroshenko will calm everything down, but turning to a 'chocolate oligarch' in a time of crisis seems... well...

Two minutes is nothing to do with it. I wanted to know who you are and what you represent, politically or otherwise - i want to know that of everyone posting on here. Your post was only the cue to me asking in as far as i saw your name and meant to ask it of you and others before. Nothing to do with the content of your post.

Well if you say so, I could always understand questions related to the thread, or topic such as - what languages do you speak? what's your academic background? what's your political affiliation? or what are my areas of interest? etc, but my location doesn't really have any relevance to the subject apart from proving I'm not a Russian nationalist, or somehow linked to the Kremlin propaganda machine. Anyway the answer to above for future reference is a little Chinese and Russian, international relations, left-wing and normally East Asian/Southeast Asian geopolitics and history.

Who are you? The fucking Gestapo? Who are you and what do you represent?

I quite liked the article. Not convinced Pilger is right (that the Russians are doomed in Ukraine), but I do think that Ukraine, in its current form, will never recover from this. I really do think the Ukrainian government have lost the plot here, I am not sure the Americans realise what they have done yet. Maybe Poroshenko will calm everything down, but turning to a 'chocolate oligarch' in a time of crisis seems... well...

Did you watch the Right Sector execution video I posted on the other page. They hung a police officer after attacking a police station under the orders of the central government. That's can be considered a war crime, if we can actually class this as a war. If it's not a war it's still a crime against humanity carried out by a militia force give authority by the central Ukrainian government.

frogwoman - nothing that new. One of the Tatar leaders was banned from entering some time ago - can fish out his name if you want. Also, from what I can tell the story is just rehashing old stuff. Russia is desperately trying to keep the Tatars on board (for narrow political reasons of course).

he wasnt though, thats been debunked here already , twice, and yer wan knows it . The guy produced this bit of paper , basically a computer print out, and said it was proof hed been banned from entering Crimea . It didnt come from any ministry, wasnt signed,hadnt so much as a name or phone number on it . It was a load of faked rubbish just like the jews must register leaflet, and completely dismissed by the Russian authorities.

FW is telling you AL Jazeera are a trustworthy source . Shes obviously forgotten about their news editor in chief Wadah Khanfar being exposed as a CIA agent by wikileaks and having to resign after many of its journalists quitting in disgust, how hes been replaced in his role by none other than Sheikh...no less.. Ahmed bin Jassim Al Thani . How its praised to the high heavens by the Whitehouse , how any reportage the CIA doesnt like is simply made go away in meetings between them and AL jazeera. Heres one of their former journalists talking about it, along with British leftist journalist Afshin Rattansi . Their reportage on both Libya ,Syria and even Venezuela has been an utter fucking joke..which is what earns them the Whitehouses praise . Its dodgy as fuck, has been exposed as such and anyone turning up their nose at RT while promoting that disinformation operation is having a massive giraffe .

in short its claims about the Tatars are a load of whitehouse sponsored balls .

its quicker just to tell him to go fuck himself

Last edited:
Were they Ukrainian soldiers, I'm assuming being the ministry of defence acknowledged it they probably were. Although being they keep sending "men in black" to carry out activities banned under Humanitarian Law I have to be sceptical.

the BBC is saying they were paratroopers but any info coming out of that freakshow in kiev is best treated with derision

some more background here on the wonderful Al Jazeera . Its worth bearing in mind the massive furore there was in the pro junta media when one single RT journalist resigned as part of a neo con stunt with her explanation quickly exposed as a lie. Yet nary a word about these mass resignations from Al Jazeera

‘We aired lies’
As many as 22 Al Jazeera employees have quit since the overthrow of Mohammad Mursi, amid concern over the channel’s alleged bias towards the Muslim Brotherhood and its coverage of Egypt.

Criticism over the channel’s editorial line, the way it covered events in Egypt, and allegations that journalists were instructed to favor the Brotherhood are said to be the main reasons behind the mass resignations.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/med...oyees-in-Egypt-quit-over-editorial-line-.html

and even more resignations

The head of the bureau in Beirut quit, many other people quit because of the biased coverage and outright hand of the government in dictating editorial policy over Libya, and now Syria.”

“It is very disturbing to hear how Al Jazeera is now becoming this regional player for foreign policy in a way that some would arguably say the BBC and others have been for decades,”

For a long time I ascribed it to incompetence on their part because they weren’t very good at getting back very quickly, but over time I came to learn through various people there that the politics of the channel were changing,” he told RT. What he found out was that leftist and progressive voices such as his were not welcome anymore and that he no longer needed to submit anything.

http://rt.com/news/al-jazeera-loses-staff-335/

while one solitary neo con liar resigned from RT

Last edited:
some more background here on the wonderful Al Jazeera . Its worth bearing in mind the massive furore there was in the pro junta media when one single RT journalist resigned as part of a neo con stunt with her explanation quickly exposed as a lie. Yet nary a word about these mass resignations from Al Jazeera

‘We aired lies’
As many as 22 Al Jazeera employees have quit since the overthrow of Mohammad Mursi, amid concern over the channel’s alleged bias towards the Muslim Brotherhood and its coverage of Egypt.

Criticism over the channel’s editorial line, the way it covered events in Egypt, and allegations that journalists were instructed to favor the Brotherhood are said to be the main reasons behind the mass resignations.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/med...oyees-in-Egypt-quit-over-editorial-line-.html

and even more resignations

The head of the bureau in Beirut quit, many other people quit because of the biased coverage and outright hand of the government in dictating editorial policy over Libya, and now Syria.”

“It is very disturbing to hear how Al Jazeera is now becoming this regional player for foreign policy in a way that some would arguably say the BBC and others have been for decades,”

For a long time I ascribed it to incompetence on their part because they weren’t very good at getting back very quickly, but over time I came to learn through various people there that the politics of the channel were changing,” he told RT. What he found out was that leftist and progressive voices such as his were not welcome anymore and that he no longer needed to submit anything.

http://rt.com/news/al-jazeera-loses-staff-335/

while one neo con liar resigned from RT

Yes I never trust Al Jazeera any more whether it's Egypt, Syria, Libya, Algeria etc for the past 3 years since the withdrawal from Iraq I don't trust anything they say. I already get fucked off enough with them constantly producing reports on human rights abuses in Nepal, every time a report comes out on the conditions of Nepalese labour workers dying in Qatar. Anyway Qatar wants to take over from Russia as Ukraine's gas supplier and from some trade figures I was looking at on the Qatar foreign affairs website they have a healthy trade relations as well, so it's only expected they are going to be biased. With Egypt I never quite got why they lost staff, I think they supported the military coup in the binging when it was manufactured by the Saudi's, but started to changed editorial policy after the crack down. I don't think they had much of a choice after some of their journalists were detained.

Anyway Vice President Joe Biden's son has landed a job after going through the tough interview process (irony intended), on the board of Ukraine's energy giant http://www.cnbc.com/id/101669271. No surprise then that the Ukrainian government would announce that they plan to take Gazprom to an international tribunal. A kind of hint that we now have the US government fighting our battle.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom