Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rebellion punk festival in Blackpool

Piss off you :p If I put it on the calendar I will not lose it. I have many years of calendars upstairs! And Baz is on my FB, he will remind me :p

Same weekend as in the 2nd one in August? Clashes with the farmers market but I could miss one month I suppose.

:D at a Punk Festival clashing with the farmers market

Could any of you that are going let me know what Ruts DC are like? If I can get a few quid together I'm going to that 3 chords festival and quite fancy a bit of a bounce around to Babylons Burning if they still play stuff like that.

I must of posted something on the wrong thread. John Robb just gave platform to a conspiracy theorist and didn't challenge any of his shit including anti-semitism. Punk as fuck.

What was said, cnt36? I had to leave the area when some old starfucker was going on about splitting Sid and Nancy up :hmm:

I walked to how Woolwich was a hoax which lead onto Rothschilds, the royals and inevitably to Jewish conspiracy stuff. Kate is going to be the Queen and she is secretly a Jew.
I just got back. You have a good day? Seen anyone good?

Hmm, glad I missed that!
My favourites today were Dirtbox Disco and Random Hand, also Finnish hardcore Turveet Kadet. Had to leave the godawful Misfits early before my ears fell off.

Hmm, glad I missed that!
My favourites today were Dirtbox Disco and Random Hand, also Finnish hardcore Turveet Kadet. Had to leave the godawful Misfits early before my ears fell off.
We left straight after Random Hand to avoid that situation. Went to see the Outcasts after seeing them in a film upstairs. Good line up in the Ballroom today. Fucked Up are shit hot and the Bronx after them were good lad time I saw them. That Jello Biafra and Tv Smith are on at the same time is probably the worst clash of the weekend for me. Jello it is though saw TV twice last year and he was great both times.

We're going for jello I think, saw tv at strummercamp earlier in the year. Just trying to get my arse in gear to get out of bed to go and see my favourite Revenge of the Psychotronic Man at half one :D

We're going, arriving some time Friday. I think I've met you before, kalidarkone so I'll come and pounce on you if I see you. :)
Not happy about the weather though :mad:
Sorry Moose did not see this post! I do not think I have met you.....
Hmmm Yeah 4 days too much...felt a bit trapped..I did slowly get into it though...just found it hard work. Wish I had seen more oi! bands now just cos that side of punk is unfamiliar too me. The sound in Olympia was shocking! Do not think I will be going back next year...Had a great Sat night though and The Mob were amazing!

Interesting being in Blackpool...only been up North very briefly a few times-amazed at how different it is....The people in Blackpool that I met were very friendly. however the pissed up stags and pissed up Oi! skins made me a bit weary....and actually if I'm gonna be honest being around a lot of skin heads and not being exactly sure of their views on race (did not want to make assumptions just cos they are skinheads as I know quite a few skins involved in AFA) made me slightly uncomfortable ....but comforting to see other black punks and skins:)

I thought I met you at Glastonbury years ago. Anyway, looked out for you this weekend, but didn't see you, unless you have straighter hair than I remember.

The skins at Rebellion are pretty sound, in my experience. No one there would stand for any racist views being expressed. We had a lovely weekend, and can't wait for next year. Suffering a bit of 'back to reality' today - wish I was still sitting in the gutter outside the Winter Gardens, people watching and drinking :D

I thought I met you at Glastonbury years ago. Anyway, looked out for you this weekend, but didn't see you, unless you have straighter hair than I remember.

The skins at Rebellion are pretty sound, in my experience. No one there would stand for any racist views being expressed. We had a lovely weekend, and can't wait for next year. Suffering a bit of 'back to reality' today - wish I was still sitting in the gutter outside the Winter Gardens, people watching and drinking :D

No not me at Glasto as aside from this year the last time I went was 1989! I have a bright cherry red curly afro thing....going on!:) I never for one moment had any racist views expressed at me....or heard anything of that nature...it was a vibe I got from some of the skin heads on eye contact...I'm just acknowledging it because I am aware living where I do and have done, how much I take for granted and it was strange to be somewhere so different and relatively un-diverse.

No offense moose but i think you're being a wee bit naive here,until they organised their own thing on the same weekend in blackpool,there was plenty of dodgy racist, fascist boneheads knocking around rebellion,maybe not very visible until the stiff right arm shite started(and in the early days it did),and maybe not more than a few tens or a hundred but they were definitely there.
As far as i know they were never openly challenged in any significant way either and allowed to go about their business (getalongerism it's called where i come from).Although i think a few bands,hard skin for one, might have drawn attention to it.
They do their own dodgy thing under the real british oi flag now(most of it is badly played metal shite),with bands like pressure 28,skinful,close shave etc.
As far as i know it's on the same weekend as rebellion,so you can bet they're still haunting the place trying to get people to come to their shite dos,and listen to their shite music...

No not me at Glasto as aside from this year the last time I went was 1989! I have a bright cherry red curly afro thing....going on!:) I never for one moment had any racist views expressed at me....or heard anything of that nature...it was a vibe I got from some of the skin heads on eye contact...I'm just acknowledging it because I am aware living where I do and have done, how much I take for granted and it was strange to be somewhere so different and relatively un-diverse.

There was an pretty openly racist talk in the literary event as well.

Oops - don't know who I met at Glasto then :D Definitely didn't see you then - I was looking for the right kind of hair!
Yeah, Blackpool must be a bit of a surprise after Bristol...

Back
Top Bottom