Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Racist Chinese commercial stuns viewers

People repeatedly asked you to stop shitting on the thread but you wouldn't and so you got banned from it.

I'm not vegetarian so it didn't offend my beliefs. I was interested in the thread which you were derailing.
If i hadn't been attacked and in such juvenile ways, my one post would have been the only post i wrote on that Thread, I had, at the time, said all i wanted.

People repeatedly asked you to stop shitting on the thread but you wouldn't and so you got banned from it.

I'm not vegetarian so it didn't offend my beliefs. I was interested in the thread which you were derailing.
No-one asked me to do anything, just insulted me for no reason.

What family do Yakuts belong to then?
the-family-of-man1.jpg

Seriously, the categories you were using are over fifty years out of date, no professional anthropologist uses them any more.

My wife describes herself as "east Asian", so who am I to argue?
Isn't that a bit American? Maybe she thinks that is the correct term in English. My Chinese and Vietnamese Friends never call themselves "Asian" or "East Asian", it just a matter of what English speaking country you are dealing with.

"Asians"?
This one of the problems of using the word "Asian" to describe a Race of People., in the UK "Asians" means Sub Continental Indian People and the like, and in the USA "Asian" mean Oriental, Chinese Japanese etc. neither of them is really correct, something like 5 different Races live in Asia.

In the US the term "Oriental" is frowned upon, but "Paki" is the same as "Brit" or "Aussie". I guess because in the US there isn't that ugly 1970's era memory of rat-faced skinheads spitting and shrieking the word at besieged Indian and Pakistani immigrants.

Reactions: Mab
Yup, that's racist. Wish they wouldn't involve us in their advertisements that they make.
Not sure what you mean by "us", so apologies if this isn't quite as connected as I thought, but a black mate on Facebook said he was possibly more disappointed in the actor agreeing to appear in the (Chinese) commercial.

It does strike me as a slightly odd thing to agree to, but I guess there are many people who take a "money is money" approach (sometimes because they don't care about other factors, sometimes because they have to).

You fucking twat! Mongoloid family indeed! Try reading a textbook published later than the 1930s, please!
Just quick quote....
"Mongoloid /ˈmɒŋ.ɡə.lɔɪd/[1][2] is a term now often deprecated as offensive,[3] for peoples indigenous to East Asia, Central Asia, Southeast Asia, Eastern Russia, Northern Europe, the Arctic, the Americas, parts of the Pacific Islands, parts of Africa (Madagascar), and parts of South Asia. Individuals within these populations often share certain associated phenotypic traits, such as epicanthic folds (epicanthus), sinodonty, and neoteny..."

Isn't that a bit American? Maybe she thinks that is the correct term in English. My Chinese and Vietnamese Friends never call themselves "Asian" or "East Asian", it just a matter of what English speaking country you are dealing with.

I'm just going by her use of the term. Trust me, it's not that long ago when I had to explain to the occasional poster that "Jap" is an offensive term.

Not sure what you mean by "us", so apologies if this isn't quite as connected as I thought, but a black mate on Facebook said he was possibly more disappointed in the actor agreeing to appear in the (Chinese) commercial.

It does strike me as a slightly odd thing to agree to, but I guess there are many people who take a "money is money" approach (sometimes because they don't care about other factors, sometimes because they have to).
All Actors, White, black, male, whatever, seem to willing to do this sort of thing

Just quick quote....
"Mongoloid /ˈmɒŋ.ɡə.lɔɪd/[1][2] is a term now often deprecated as offensive,[3] for peoples indigenous to East Asia, Central Asia, Southeast Asia, Eastern Russia, Northern Europe, the Arctic, the Americas, parts of the Pacific Islands, parts of Africa (Madagascar), and parts of South Asia. Individuals within these populations often share certain associated phenotypic traits, such as epicanthic folds (epicanthus), sinodonty, and neoteny..."
yeh but you don't mind offensively using outdated terms, do you

good thing we're not talking about the southern united states or who knows what might pop out

Yep, looking at the guy and thinking "how could you agree to this"... but I guess money's money.

Back
Top Bottom