Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pizza

Made the new pan pizza from the pizza lab, really easy and really tasty reminded me of when I lived 2 mins from pizza gogo but tastier because of the better ingredients. Picked up a couple of pizza shop pizza pans on ebay, perfect for this, need to get a few more and start a takeaway in my flats!

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/01/foolproof-pan-pizza-recipe.html?ref=search

img20130209212628.jpg
that looks my kind of pizza. a big pile of heart attack. i'd eat that in about four minutes right now. looks lovely.

Oregano is an outstanding pizza place. So much nicer than Firezza - which is similar.

Godfather is a similar concept, but Oregano edges it on quality. Sadly, now we've moved, it's the Godfather who'll deliver to us.

I like them both equally for differnt reasons tnh.
I like the real stone baked taste of Firezza and there section of toppings but Oregano are better at the actual putting together of a pizza and covering it properly.

I just bought a Dr Oetker mushroom pizza for dinner. Never had one before, should I prepare for disappointment or might it be ok?

Those breakfast ones do look good, think I will give one a go at the weekend,how does the egg work out?
you need to stick it on partway through if you want a runny yolk - reckon it's trial & error depending on how hot your grill is, so i can't give you exact times. i stuck that one on when the cheese had melted but hadn't gone brown, it turned out perfect.

The Trattoria Alfredo pizzas from Lidl are a bit like the Oetker ones aren't they? I sometimes get them on offer when I'm on £1 dinners week.

52644861.jpg

My first sourdough base. It worked alright, really stretched it to make 4 pizzas though, only intended 3 but then the young un was in with his mate. This also meant using the oven rather than the grill as they had chips in. Grill would've produced a better rise/ more bubbles I think and also potential to get burnt bits.

1st up, tuna, pepper, olives, cheddar, mozzarella, brie

P1010532_zpscb1a54d1.jpg

2nd brocolli, red pepper, onion, olives, cheddar, mozzarella
P1010533_zps1faa2a48.jpg

this sourdough thing is looking more and more like something that needs to be done.
i have success with the standard home made jobs but this sourdough is the next step up.
:)
way to inspire.

Back
Top Bottom