Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Loughborough Junction chitter-chatter

How's the 7 bridges project down that way?
They've been busy!

1385377_584523061596649_997905579_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/pages/7-Bridges/163883013660658?fref=ts

Before and after at the shop opposite Tesco:
View attachment 40544
View attachment 40545
Not sure if the old sign has been revealed as a deliberate move, or if they just ran out of money for a new one.
Sunstar/Ernest Page have covered up the old sign again. Still the nets are up. Nice bit of development on the top 2 floors. The former chippy and the car parts place will need a total rebuild to extract their "added value". Could happen though if the present property mania continues.Not Ernest Page2.jpg Not Ernest Page1.jpg

Ruskin Park still closed "due to adverse weather conditions" on Friday afternoon.
A genial local dog-walker said to me in Ferndene Road "You're probably too young to remember the big storm in 1987. The park was closed for 4 months. All the other parks in the country were open!"
I found his comment comforting
1. because I'm getting pretty grey, as befits a Radio Times reader
2. because it's a bloody long walk round the park from the Northway Road entrance via Ferndene Road to Champion Hill (which would have been less than 2 minutes across the park). My new acquaintance assuaged the loneliness of a long distance walk apparently caused by council turpitude.

I walked through it on Saturday afternoon and back again at 6pm and it most definitely was open. It looked lovely in the afternoon sum too - photo feature coming up on BrixtonBuzz soon!
Glad to hear it.
It looked to me as though they had been lopping off suspect branches when I walked round the outside on Friday (at about 2.10 pm). It had also been closed on Wednesday when I tried to cut through from Denmark Hill station about 3.30 pm.
Clearly the council were sorting it all out. Sorry Lambeth Council for casting aspersions!

I've been walking through Ruskin Park at least once a week for the past few months as it forms my route to Dulwich Hamlet FC. It's a splendid way to get to a football game.

Reactions: CH1
Top tip for DIYers: If you ever need smallish quantities of timber or plywood, the MGM theatrical props place on Herne Hill Road often has lots of v good offcuts in their skip (the red one opposite Andrews Garage). The skip is usually locked, but they seem to be happy to let you rummage if you ask them nicely.

Glad to hear it.
It looked to me as though they had been lopping off suspect branches when I walked round the outside on Friday (at about 2.10 pm). It had also been closed on Wednesday when I tried to cut through from Denmark Hill station about 3.30 pm.
Clearly the council were sorting it all out. Sorry Lambeth Council for casting aspersions!

Never let the truth get in the way of a Lib Dem smear eh?

I thought all the massive vans meant film people, but there are also caravans by Brockwell Park http://www.urban75.net/forums/threa...l-chat-sept-2013.314531/page-20#post-12562506.

Do you think that is where the talent is staying so as not to spook them with too much raw LJ?

Does it being a Guy Richie film mean the Stasi will be doing oi oi saveloy mockney accents?
what shakespearegirl said and sometimes it is the catering or dressing rooms for the bigger stars and those hanging around all day.
they often have a line of vehicles in a quiet corner of Sophia Gardens in Cardiff when filming around the city

Two police cars and a worried looking security guard standing in the street outside LJ Tesco Express just before 9 last night, looked serious.

Maybe he got spooked when he saw the store was fully stocked, well merchandised and clean and tidy!

Back
Top Bottom