Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Loughborough Junction chitter-chatter

teuchter

je suis teuchter
I have meaning to start an LJ chitter-chatter thread for a while. Here I am doing it now.

Shall we start with supermarkets?

Tesco has been open for, what, a few months now? Where the Warrior/Junction pub once was

Business in NISA seems to remain healthy enough.

The supermarket opposite the new Tesco has re-opened after a bit of a refurb. I can't comment on how business is in there as I don't use that one much.

Still no sign of Sainsburys opening in the ex-Crown/Mucky Duck. It looks like the flats above are now at least partly occupied though.

Meanwhile on the site of the Harriers pub (corner of Herne Hill Road and Wanless Rd) they are about to start work on a new block of flats.

Also, Sem Cafe have employed some hyperactive signwriters to do up the outside of their building

20130723_002.jpg

At the end of next week (19th/20th) they are going to be filming for a remake of the Man From U.N.C.L.E. in the garages there on Padfield Road. We have been told not to be alarmed by any high speed car chases or people wielding firearms.

It's a nice enough old sign but the giant white shutter awning and the fluorescent lights don't really add to it.

Yeah i mean I quite like it as a sign but like you say it doesnt really fit... I wondered if they were trying to attract hipsters :D

The Electric Café in West Norwood got a new sign in similar colours. Apparently it was paid for by the West Norwood Feast people. Maybe some community group has paid for that.

The Electric Café in West Norwood got a new sign in similar colours. Apparently it was paid for by the West Norwood Feast people. Maybe some community group has paid for that.
The other week I noticed a cafe near Deptford had something very similar - I reckon by the same people.

Whoever owns the Chinese takeaway/Jerk Island building by LJ station was trying to get permission for the two shops to be knocked into one unit (presumably Sainsbury's Local sized) earlier in the year. The application got knocked back but it's one to keep an eye on. Although the building is a wreck it wld be sad if Jerk Island got booted out

Been looking at some of the LJ railway arches as a location for the South London Hackspace (name still tbc). Some of the spaces are absolutely cavernous, but utterly inaccessible. An incredible amount of space locked in by surrounding buildings. Others are much more amenable and things could happen soon :)

Been looking at some of the LJ railway arches as a location for the South London Hackspace (name still tbc). Some of the spaces are absolutely cavernous, but utterly inaccessible. An incredible amount of space locked in by surrounding buildings. Others are much more amenable and things could happen soon :)

Should I be looking to upgrade my biohazard emergency contingency plans?

This is what it looked like last night when they were filming.
There were some paparazzi there, photographing Guy Ritchie and some other famous people that I either haven't heard of or don't recognise. The paparazzi guys weren't like I might have imagined; they seemed quite mild mannered chaps who were just stood around chatting to people in between taking photos.

I can reveal a key scene in the movie. This scoop is exclusive to the Loughborough Junction Chitter Chatter Thread.

A car goes down a street, stops, and someone gets out of it with a briefcase

20130919_013.jpg 20130919_021.jpg 20130919_024.jpg

I thought all the massive vans meant film people, but there are also caravans by Brockwell Park http://www.urban75.net/forums/threa...l-chat-sept-2013.314531/page-20#post-12562506.

Do you think that is where the talent is staying so as not to spook them with too much raw LJ?

Its standard to have a couple of different unit bases on a film shoot of this size. Hard to find a big enough space to house all the required vehicles. Its not far to travel people from Brockwell Park to Loughborough Junction and as the talent do a lot of hanging round on film shoots they've probably been allocated the nicest unit base location

Whoever owns the Chinese takeaway/Jerk Island building by LJ station was trying to get permission for the two shops to be knocked into one unit (presumably Sainsbury's Local sized) earlier in the year. The application got knocked back but it's one to keep an eye on. Although the building is a wreck it wld be sad if Jerk Island got booted out
E

Back
Top Bottom