Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hot Dogs

Do You Like Hot Dogs?

• Total voters
I had a bratwurst at Herman ze German on Old Compton Street at the weekend. I don't know what I thought I was going to get but it was not a fishbelly-coloured sausage :hmm: 'Pork and Veal' I did not read it properly, and the look of it affected the taste :hmm:

sausages-box.png

This is what I want.....for maximum visual display :cool:

I also prefer these sorts of baguettes/rolls (French, apparently). Where you give them a jolly good sounding on a large metal spike and then squirt sauce in its hole before popping your sausage in. Saves all the spillage though it's not as easy to ensure uniform distribution of such things as chilli or onions.

http://www.ascotwholesale.co.uk/rowlett-rutland-hd400?gclid=COyCoabRh7oCFZPItAod93MANA

lidl bockwurst,leftover salsa and some out of date wholegrain on a slice of near code bread ....sans butter ...felt I needed a bit of effort towards healthy eating ...tasted better than it looks ....

I love the way bockwurst screams in the microwave...........and the occasional bang is it bursts in its final death throws..Its like its fresh kill ....makes me feel manley ...food from the hunt of the forests of lidl ....sonnets should be written and sung around the sacrificial microwave ....all praise the ding . for it was a blessed ding as it was bountiful .!

<snip>I love the way bockwurst screams in the microwave...........and the occasional bang is it bursts in its final death throws..Its like its fresh kill ....makes me feel manley ...food from the hunt of the forests of lidl ....sonnets should be written and sung around the sacrificial microwave ....all praise the ding . for it was a blessed ding as it was bountiful .!
No need for a microwave - just pour boiling water over the bockwursts and leave them in it for 5 minutes.

come here.....is Lidl the best supermarket to get frankfurters or even Bratwurst in general? (dont say Waitrose or i will slap you round the head....) I live in Ireland and we have Tesco, Lidl, Aldi, and our Irish ones, Dunnes and Superquinn (thats our Waitrose...).

SUPERQUINN!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

We had hot dogs today! :cool:
Tesco didn't have the normal ones so they substituted for chilli dogs which was touch and go with my daughter for a minute :hmm: but she tried one and said it was ok as long as I gave her a yoghurt STRAIGHT AFTERWARDS.
Only two bloody rolls left in the freezer, too :facepalm: so I had to have mine wrapped in wholemeal bread...and then it turned out that my daughter didn't even eat all of hers so I could have shared it but I was full and all the frankfurters were gone by then in any case :mad:
Anyway :cool: son and I had them with mustard, ketchup and very, very slow cooked red onions (so almost like onion marmalade *slurp* )....he asked for mayo, too, the freak :eek: ....I told him to fuck off! :mad:
Daughter just had ketchup :rolleyes:

:)

Tried to spiral cut some dogs tonight - inspired by Shippou-Sensei 's post a few pages back

This is NOT as easy as they make it look in the video - out of 5 dogs maybe 2 are useably spiral cut - the rest - cat food

I shall persevere, but tonights examples are not going to be photo'd - merely eaten

Have you ever thought, hmmmm? I wonder who would win out of the fastest hot dog eating man in the world, versus a grizzly bear, in a hot dog eating competition? :)

Well now you can find out :)

I remember watching this on TV. It was amazing.
Man racing a giraffe was my favourite.

Back
Top Bottom