Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Gypsy Tart

S'right. Mrs R is from Kent and it's her favourite.

I am from Kent and we use to have it but only when my nan made it who is from Bermondsey :hmm:

Lots of Kent and Essex people are from London originally though so maybe that's got something to do with it.

6378923185_ebbfc5e852.jpg

OUTRAGE!

I still don't have the MIL's trifle recipe, but need to ask a question about gypsy tart... would putting blueberries in make it a bit weird?

Good call on eating them separately, that would- have been pretty weird. It's so sweet I wouldn't put anything else in it.

I'd forgotten about the MILF's trifle :D

Yeah, I was going to say I'd imagine a fair old while with all the sugar, too! :D

Did it have cream in the recipe? I dunno, I guess that'd shorten it a bit but I'm still imagining a good 5 days or a week (although I'm plucking those figures out of thin air, tbf :D ).

OR - freeze one?! :cool:

it has evaporated milk, sugar and erm pastry :D

so you'd keep it in the fridge?

there was enough filling for three tarts :eek: but not enough pastry, so the extra filling is in the fridge, not sure if the cooked tarts would freeze well or not (hehehe tart :D)

Also need to wait until they're cool before I can tell if I've done it right :hmm:

oooo gypsy tart... that was my favourite favourite favourite at school (and I'm from Croydon)

I'm going to make one

Back
Top Bottom