Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Go on... rape her... she won't report it... [UniLad magazine article]

They are to hardcore behaviour what Jim Davidson is to comedy - its antithesis. If they're Britain's "biggest lads", then Britain is producing some right fucking plonkers, losers and bampot tossrags nowadays!

mmm, the snearing post-hipster nihilists of vice magazine vs the arse-end of Britain's uni 'lad' culture. I mean Vice magazine win by some margin but they're still complete dicks.

Much of the area they live in - heaton - is a student ghetto these days - lots of BTL and parents buying places for their spoilt kids to live in whilst at Uni - its a fucking pigsty and these spoilt cunts trash the place week in , week out.Fuck them and their student pranks.

Much of the area they live in - heaton - is a student ghetto these days - lots of BTL and parents buying places for their spoilt kids to live in whilst at Uni - its a fucking pigsty and these spoilt cunts trash the place week in , week out.Fuck them and their student pranks.
Any time you're Heaton way,
Any evening, any day,
You'll find them all
Doin' the Lamp-post Waltz. Oi!

Every little Heaton scrote,
swinging gently by the throat,
You'll find them all
Doin' the Lamp-post Waltz. Oi!

(with extreme apologies to Furber and Rose :oops: )

<Bump>
more student hilarity :rolleyes:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-19850826

The students unions at Queens and the University of Ulster have condemned a Facebook page that shows young women walking home in Belfast in the morning after an evening out.
The page claims to be produced by students living in the Holyland area of Belfast and features three pictures of different women among its content.
The women are not identified in the pictures.
Some of the comments posted about the women are sexually derogatory.

god those "lads" came across as pratts. I particularly liked the attempt to defend getting legless and making an arse of yourself.
what a chopper

that is really fucking grim :(
not noticed any events like that advertised in Cardiff but will keep an eye out
that everyday sexism project is ace, respect to them

I think it sends a clear message that whatever is supposedly being done to improve things isn't working, and part of that is public perception to the crime of rape.

I think the poster campaign in Canada that Idris talked about - Don't be that guy - should be used over here. Cinemas, bus stop adverts, tube posters, half-time game advertising, the works.
It's happening!:)

And some fuckwits complained about their children being subjected to it. :rolleyes: But the ASA refused to consider their complaints. :D

This is a video from the HO's campaign to tackle teenage rape and sexual assault. It's quite good I think
Sorry Trashy - either this totally passed me by at the time or I forgot that I'd seen this campaign before. :oops:

Nice to get an opportunity to reread this thread though. It's very good. Well done urbs. :cool:

It's happening!:)

And some fuckwits complained about their children being subjected to it. :rolleyes: But the ASA refused to consider their complaints. :D

imo even that ad goes a little too far into the territory of overdramatizing, if it's trying to portray date or acquaintance rape. The girl doesn't need to be crying, and the guy doesn't need to be forcing her down on the bed. All it needs is for her to say no, frankly. (eta for clarification, I do not mean that's the end of the clip, I meant that even without the crying and forcing down on the bed, it's still rape because she said no, and that I think they should show this instead)
I'm making a point about this after hearing a guy who counsels rapists say that 99% of the men he counsels still don't believe they actually raped anyone, and I fear part of the reason for this is a lack of understanding of what consent really means, and that people who feel coerced into something they don't want don't always kick and scream (or cry).

imo even that ad goes a little too far into the territory of overdramatizing, if it's trying to portray date or acquaintance rape. The girl doesn't need to be crying, and the guy doesn't need to be forcing her down on the bed. All it needs is for her to say no, frankly.
I'm making a point about this after hearing a guy who counsels rapists say that 99% of the men he counsels still don't believe they actually raped anyone, and I fear part of the reason for this is a lack of understanding of what consent really means, and that people who feel coerced into something they don't want don't always kick and scream (or cry).
She's not crying - there is a need to show that she is obviously (but quietly) distressed, but she's making no sound and the boy is not looking at her face.

I don't understand what you mean by this: and the guy doesn't need to be forcing her down on the bed. All it needs is for her to say no, frankly. If all that happens is her saying no and him not forcing her, how is the rape going to occur? Or are you saying that the reality of rape should not be portrayed at all, even if it is aimed at getting teenage boys to understand what rape actually is?

Your last paragraph illustrates exactly what I mean. A very large proportion of men do not know what rape is (as pointed out by Trashy earlier on the thread, backed up by personal experience and as recently demonstrated by Assange supporters, including a British MP and several fairly well respected commentators). How are they ever going to get it if all you show is a woman saying no and a man respecting that?

She's not crying - there is a need to show that she is obviously (but quietly) distressed, but she's making no sound and the boy is not looking at her face.

I don't understand what you mean by this: and the guy doesn't need to be forcing her down on the bed. All it needs is for her to say no, frankly. If all that happens is her saying no and him not forcing her, how is the rape going to occur? Or are you saying that the reality of rape should not be portrayed at all, even if it is aimed at getting teenage boys to understand what rape actually is?

Your last paragraph illustrates exactly what I mean. A very large proportion of men do not know what rape is (as pointed out by Trashy earlier on the thread, backed up by personal experience and as recently demonstrated by Assange supporters, including a British MP and several fairly well respected commentators). How are they ever going to get it if all you show is a woman saying no and a man respecting that?

I disagree with you profoundly about "a very large proportion of men" not knowing what rape is. Most of us do, from our teenage years on. The problem (which I believe Kitzinger dealt with at length back in the noughties) is that culture and law in most nation-states leaves large "holes" through which men can excuse their actions as, variously, "misinterpreted signals", "being led on" and other such shit, hence we have such ridiculous sitiuations as women and men being enjoined to obtain verbal consent from each other.
Men know that because a woman consents to fellate you, that she doesn't necessarily consent to any other form of penetrative sex; they know that because a woman consents to sex with you, she doesn't consent to sex with your fellow athletes; that because a woman is asleep in your bed with you that doesn't constitute consent to have sex with her. It's not rocket surgery, and we're not stupid. Men acting as though they don't know what constitutes rape doesn't necessarily mean that they don't know what rape is, it can and does (in my own experience) mean that they've actively chosen to not acknowledge a boundary that they know exists, for political, personal or whatever reasons.

I suppose it depends what you think a very large proportion is.

47,000 rapes a year (~0.2% of adult women), and people working with sex offenders report that most of them do not think they committed rape. I think that suggests a very large proportion (given the severity of the crime). How large is impossible to know, because we do not know the average number of offences per offender. We don't even know the true number of offences. Even with quality survey data, plenty of women don't know what it is either. Internalised oppression and all that.

I agree with everything else you say. But I would put these forward as reasons why they don't know (or can't admit to themselves that they know/manage to self-justify).

I don't know if that is a prison rape joke, or a hypothetical scenario where rapists are most likely to be found in prison. :p

I suppose it depends what you think a very large proportion is.

47,000 rapes a year (~0.2% of adult women), and people working with sex offenders report that most of them do not think they committed rape. I think that suggests a very large proportion (given the severity of the crime).

I think you're mistaking a claim by some men not to know/to not think that they've raped, a claim that is motivated by a wish to escape responsibility for their actions, with actual ignorance of what constitutes rape.

How large is impossible to know, because we do not know the average number of offences per offender. We don't even know the true number of offences. Even with quality survey data, plenty of women don't know what it is either. Internalised oppression and all that

We know that in terms of contact offences (i.e. sexual assault crimes), that more will re-offend than will not, and that for a majority of re-offenders this will mean multiple re-offending. If the first offence is committed as a juvenile, then the possibility of a "criminal career" centred around sex offences is higher than in those who commit the first offence as an adult.

As for data on prevalence and frequency, it's not particularly attention-worthy, for the reasons you give. The most often thrown-around data in the UK is the BCS, which is utterly unrepresentative of anything except the fraction of victims who've actually reported the crime.

Reactions: ymu
Back
Top Bottom