Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Detail your latest clothes and slap related purchases here #2

The copies of Vans trainers they are currently selling in Primark, for £6.
Also a dungaree dress and a big grey cardigan, also from Primark.
No pics, cos they don't have a website, the stupids.

i bit the bullet.

having dug my ancient, loyal, capable (smelly) wax jacket out of the wardrobe to give it its annual proof and and repair, i came to the conclusion that its last meeting with a barbed-wire fence and lots of surprisingly large sheep is to be its last hurrah. its now (and indeed has been for sometime..) more repair than jacket, it needs completely re-waxing, and its missing a pocket that was last seen flying towards New Radnor...

i have therefore availed myself of the services of Messr's Barbour and Sons, and after deciding that i'd sweat like a pig in the heavyweight Northumbria jacket, i have obtained a mediumweight Beaufort Classic.

prd327f8617-438b-4c43-bf79-89d39ce8ca54.jpg

i will try reasonably hard not to wear it with moleskins, but i'm getting old, so i can't promise anything...

Aw, DM sandals! I love them.
I really want the silver ones the Doc Marten site has in the sale but they only have size 9s left. :(

Love those DM sandals. I've had the black ones on every day recently, so comfy.

I'm choosing to ignore whatever the fuck that red thing is at the top of your post :D :eek:

Errrrr....

51B%2BlCcGyVL._SL1000_.jpg

1752023340_main.jpg

( ^^^ ...I wanted the black studded ones but couldn't quite justify spending £145 on them! :D :( :mad: )

OF796_1_Thumb.jpg

FQ907_1_Thumb.jpg

OF706_1_Thumb.jpg

...plus some stuff for my daughter and my son for our hols :cool: ...spent too much! :facepalm: :oops:
Sheo, me and moose have those Doc sandals in black :D I like your orange pair too. What make are they?
Edit, moose has already mentioned hers

Following on from the annoying 'should I buy Birkenstocks' question. Are DM sandals comfy?

The main thing that puts me off (apart from my bank balance) is that docs are heavy and take ages to break in.

My Mary Janes are so heavy I don't wear them.
Also, I'm not sure how much effort I'm prepared to make to break in a pair of sandals.

Spill DM wearers, should I stick with flip flops? : D

Following on from the annoying 'should I buy Birkenstocks' question. Are DM sandals comfy<snip>

Maybe consider getting a pair of walking/hiking sandals. Very comfy footbeds, light, and not all of them are hideous or drab.

Maybe consider getting a pair of walking/hiking sandals. Very comfy footbeds, light, and not all of them are hideous or drab.

Sorry but I've yet to see a nice pair, I don't really like functional footwear. It all seems a bit ugly.

I like the DM sandals but if they're a faff to break in, I'll stick to havaianas.

So I perused the charity shops of Stirling on Saturday and got two tops and a dress, all blue. I will try and take photos later, they're hanging outside just now having been washed.

I like the DM sandals but if they're a faff to break in, I'll stick to havaianas.

Well if you're used to flipflops, you will find them heavy, and I had to use the old Blister Stick as a precaution the first couple of times I wore them for a lot of walking. I feel very vulnerable in flipflips, as I wear DM boots all the time, so they are ideal for me.

Well if you're used to flipflops, you will find them heavy, and I had to use the old Blister Stick as a precaution the first couple of times I wore them for a lot of walking. I feel very vulnerable in flipflips, as I wear DM boots all the time, so they are ideal for me.

blister stick :hmm: why have i not heard of this and does it work ?

i have feet that shed skin at a lightning rate with the tiniest bit of friction hence no pretty flip flops for me

Following on from the annoying 'should I buy Birkenstocks' question. Are DM sandals comfy?

The main thing that puts me off (apart from my bank balance) is that docs are heavy and take ages to break in.

My Mary Janes are so heavy I don't wear them.
Also, I'm not sure how much effort I'm prepared to make to break in a pair of sandals.

Spill DM wearers, should I stick with flip flops? : D
I wear birkenstock flip flops and also DM sandals. I didn't need to break in my DMs they were comfortable right from the start and tbh I don't find them particularly heavy. :)

Thanks everyone. I do really fancy a pair so might find somewhere local to try some on. I probably won't have the cash this summer so will wait for some sales if I do get them.

Obviously I need bloody winter boots too but I'm ignoring that til my toes start dropping off in flip flops.

Sheo, me and moose have those Doc sandals in black :D I like your orange pair too. What make are they?
Edit, moose has already mentioned hers

They're fitflops, Shirl but sadly (cos they are really, REALLY comfortable :( ) I think I'm gonna have to send them back cos the colour isn't anything like I was expecting/hoping (although funnily enough, now that I KNOW what colour they are, it looks like a fairly good match to the pic :facepalm: :D ....I was wanting something REDDER...an orangey red....but in fact they're sort of coral coloured....a colour I despise, along with *spits* lilac.

I have dithered a bit cos like I say they are exceptionally comfy and I like the style...but I just don't think I can get past the pukey colour.

They actually do a pair of dark brown leather boots with the same sole that I've been wanting for years though (waiting for the price to come down as per :D ) so I'm thinking I'll be sensible, send them back, then get a pair of the boots come winter instead :cool:

Also...the DM's are too big...fucking hell :facepalm: :D ...so they're going back, too. And Schuh have now completely sold out of them so I can't do a straight exchange and have had to order from somewhere else altogether for another £3 :D ...oh the trials of internet shopping :D
Sent the bag back, too cos it was crap for the money spent.

Sorry but I've yet to see a nice pair, I don't really like functional footwear. It all seems a bit ugly.

i have stealth merrells, thin leather straps that definitely don't scream walking sandals, light as a feather, and more to the point i can wear them for 4+ miles a day in total comfort.

they don't do mine any more but these are the closest in their current range

MRL-W57638-040312

Also...the DM's are too big...fucking hell :facepalm: :D ...so they're going back, too. And Schuh have now completely sold out of them so I can't do a straight exchange and have had to order from somewhere else altogether for another £3 :D ...oh the trials of internet shopping :D
Sent the bag back, too cos it was crap for the money spent.
The DM's are in the sale on the DM site :)

Yeah, I know but not in my size (either the incorrect one OR the correct one :D )...they're cheaper still there....and they have the black studded ones for £75 but once again, only in an 8 :(
I did find size 5's somewhere else though (and have already ordered them) :) ....just have shit loads of stuff to take off to the post office now, basically :facepalm: :D

i have stealth merrells, thin leather straps that definitely don't scream walking sandals, light as a feather, and more to the point i can wear them for 4+ miles a day in total comfort.

they don't do mine any more but these are the closest in their current range

MRL-W57638-040312

Yeah, I have these Karrimor ones...

31QSao4q2KL.jpg

...not, tbf, a shoe I'd have chosen if it wasn't chosen for purpose, too (and I'm defo not keen on the plait bit)....but since I gave into the dark side and started wearing walking sandals (after getting into ten+ mile walks etc) I can't do without them now...and that's on a daily basis when I'm work, too as my walk is up and down hills and up/down a steep woodland track, too (I accidentally left the house with my slip on Birkys on Wed and was fuming about it all the way there/back :D just cos the difference was so noticeable).
These were affordable...£24, reduced from £40...and yeah, just a little bit daintier than some of the clunkier versions :D

You're shit at shopping, sheo :( Have you worn them frilly knickers/shorts yet? :hmm:

I am, it's true....ESPECIALLY with shoes :confused: ....it always fucks up! :mad: :confused: :hmm: :D

I haven't worn the frilly ones :mad: ...but I've worn the sequinned ones on a few occasions :cool: (only indoors, mind... :p )...I still get the frilly ones out and LOOK AT THEM sometimes, though...y'know, give em a quick stroke and a 'awwww...aren't you pretty :) ' :cool:

:rolleyes:

Well my red Hell Bunny frock referenced above ^ has arrived, and it's gorgeous, and most flattering! Even gives me some kind of a waist, and emphasises the old bazookas too. :cool: Need somewhere to go in it now.

Collectif have a 50% off promo with the code HOT50 for the next few days. It's valid on all full price clothing, and also valid on gift vouchers (although these only last for six months, and only work online).

The website was in meltdown last night: it took nearly four hours to order my bits, but apparently it's much better now.

Back
Top Bottom