Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Child in buggy blown on to London Tube station tracks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly the chap who attended to the buggy just before this didn't put the brake on. I suppose as it is a level surface that is possibly quite reasonable.

The brake may well have been applied, but even on the more expensive buggies, they tend to just be sprung blocks, and it's possible that the gust was fierce enough to overcome the friction of the brake.

I'm only coming back to address this. She would have got an apology, but she insisted on carrying down the road she'd started down. There was no apology coming from her to me, just more of the same. So there you are.
How big of you to even consider offering her an apology, even if you decided in the end, in your wisdom, that she didn't deserve it.

Now this is bullying, Ski.

It's cross-thread beef, and you're trying to bring an obviously upset poster back to take another pop, about something else, after he's said he doesn't want to.
TBF, Spy, while I accept that the cross thread beef rule is there for a reason, and is a good one, it is hard, when a poster's behaviour is quite so consistent across threads, to treat each incident quite so much in isolation. Furthermore - though probably not the case here - some posters make quite a thing of trailing others across threads causing trouble and rather benefiting from the cross-thread beef rule.

Surely the most appropriate thread to discuss this issue would be the one on which it arose with all the relevant background info. Or is it things getting too quiet here and your'e trying to blow on the embers
Much as your support for underdogs is laudable, you seem rather partial in the way you look at the conflict, and seem to me to take just a little too much delight in sticking it to those you've decided are in the wrong to come across as a genuine knight in shining armour, rather than someone sniffing around just trying to cause a little trouble of his own.

think i will play it safe and get a taxi.

tbh i could walk it (euston to marylebone) but i am a lazy fucker so thats not going to happen

205 bus will do that pretty much door to door.

bear in mind you can not no longer pay cash fares on london buses. you will need oyster card or contactless debit card. or travelcard.

Much as your support for underdogs is laudable, you seem rather partial in the way you look at the conflict, and seem to me to take just a little too much delight in sticking it to those you've decided are in the wrong to come across as a genuine knight in shining armour, rather than someone sniffing around just trying to cause a little trouble of his own.

With all due respect, I think you ought to look at your own motives and behaviour before you start advising others. Your first post on this thread was to back up twentythreedom, who'd done nothing more constructive than call Bungle73 a 'monumental bellend.' You were among the first of those poking sticks, and actively so, contrary to your assertion a few pages back that all people do is hold them up to be blundered into. As I said, I'm not defending Bungle's behaviour, least of all his aggressive tone, his tobyjug-esque refusal ever to back down and his insulting habit of tarring all posters with the same brush, but lately he's been as much sinned against as sinner. These threads always go the same way, and a big part of the problem is people, you included at times, piling in not to engage in constructive disagreement but simply to put the boot in. It's pack behaviour, and it's not pretty.

With all due respect, I think you ought to look at your own motives and behaviour before you start advising others. Your first post on this thread was to back up twentythreedom, who'd done nothing more constructive than call Bungle73 a 'monumental bellend.' You were among the first of those poking sticks, and actively so, contrary to your assertion a few pages back that all people do is hold them up to be blundered into. As I said, I'm not defending Bungle's behaviour, least of all his aggressive tone, his tobyjug-esque refusal ever to back down and his insulting habit of tarring all posters with the same brush, but lately he's been as much sinned against as sinner. These threads always go the same way, and a big part of the problem is people, you included at times, piling in not to engage in constructive disagreement but simply to put the boot in. It's pack behaviour, and it's not pretty.
There's a lot of assumptions in there.

FWIW, I'm not whiter than white, but I've been on the receiving end of some of Bungle's vitriol, and it hasn't endeared him to me one bit.

But I'll admit that my position has changed over the course of this thread, because what seemed to be an aggressive, shouty person acting very badly is starting to look rather more like someone well out of their social depth and beginning to lose it - if you look at some of my later posts, I have even (!) tried to be supportive.

I still don't think that means anyone should have to put up with the stuff he's dished out on here, but I do feel considerably more uncomfortable about being prepared to give him a bit of what he had been dishing out.

And sometimes "pack behaviour" is just standing up for others in the way you home people will stand up for you when it's you on the receiving end.

Last edited:
There's a lot of assumptions in there.

FWIW, I'm not whiter than white, but I've been on the receiving end of some of Bungle's vitriol, and it hasn't endeared him to me one bit.

But I'll admit that my position has changed over the course of this thread, because what seemed to be an aggressive, shouty person acting very badly is starting to look rather more like someone well out of their social depth and beginning to lose it - if you look at some of my later posts, I have even (!) tried to be supportive.

I still don't think that means anyone should have to put up with the stuff he's dished out on here, but I do feel considerably more uncomfortable about being prepared to give him a bit of what he had been dishing out.

And sometimes "pack behaviour" is just standing up for others in the way you home people will stand up for you when it's you on the receiving end.

Nor am I, and I've had a bit of it too, albeit usually collectively when no distinction is being drawn between stick-pokers and people expressing a different opinion. Yet this could have been a good discussion, and one of the main reasons why it is not is that several people have piled in seemingly only - or mainly - to wind him up. It is disruptive, and for the reasons you've just cited I think it's also rather unkind.

Out of order? Fuck Off I am sick and tied of that bitch and her fucking accusations that she keeps going on and on and on and on about that are fucking ridiculous. How do you expect me to react?????????
That what?

b809cfee40_yellow-card1.jpg

think i will play it safe and get a taxi.

tbh i could walk it (euston to marylebone) but i am a lazy fucker so thats not going to happen

Euston to Marylebone, or to Marylebone station? There's quite a distance between the two.

Anyway, give me a bell for a beer.

Fair enough, it has got a bit ugly, I agree, but Bungle has been a monumental bellend.

That what?

b809cfee40_yellow-card1.jpg
You know it's not immediately obvious to the casual poster that words like cunt are alright here when the word bitch isn't. I grew up with a radical feminist mother (as several posters who know who she is will attest) who would use the 'b' word all day long but would get very angry indeed at the merest hint of a 'c' word which she considered very offensive to women.

Just saying. It may be that's how we like things here and it's fair enough but it's not obvious to everyone. I am already completely aware of the U75 line on this and do not need it explaining.

Hmm I watched that rainbow swinger party for the first time.. I pretty much laughed my arse off..as everyone is getting a little to serious some more in the same vein humor..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom