Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff City RedBlueDragonBirds 2012-2013 season

K-ardiff put out a news story over the weekend to try and take away Swans cup glory, saying if/when they go up to the Premier League they will have £50 million to spend on players, last summer we were hearing about their £100 million investment, apparently they will not be happy to survive in the Prem but they are targeting eclipsing the Swans in the league, as things stand that would mean pushing for champions league football.:p

I think it's time to ask the good people of urban if they'd accept a total rebranding with the promise of success.

Poll coming up shortly.

K-ardiff put out a news story over the weekend to try and take away Swans cup glory, saying if/when they go up to the Premier League they will have £50 million to spend on players, last summer we were hearing about their £100 million investment, apparently they will not be happy to survive in the Prem but they are targeting eclipsing the Swans in the league, as things stand that would mean pushing for champions league football.:p

Just done a quick search to find this story that cardiff have put out. All I found was some shit made up by the Mirror quoting 'a Cardiff source'.

Feel free to correct me and link to this story you have dreampt about.

If you think Cardiff City feel the need to 'take away from Swans cup glory', you are sadly mistaken and have an overblown sense of the Jacks importance. Perhaps this is why, the day after Swansea have won their first cup, you are on this thread making shit up about Cardiff.

I don't think K-ardiff could possibly take anything away from Swansea's cup glory but it wouldn't stop them from trying, look at the spin the K-ardiff club have sold their fans regarding their pathetic rebranding, many of their fans being so dull they have fallen for it.:)

Well hopefully you will qualify for your first major final tonight! Only 87 years behind Wales' no1 football team.
Swansea are current holders of a major title, K-ardiff haven't won a major title for 86 years.:p

It's amazing the chip Swansea fans still have on their shoulder even though they no longer have to look up at their betters from a lower division.

I stopped caring about anything Swansea did in the 90s.
Briefly cared again when we needed points off them. Stopped giving a shit when they left the championship. Admittedly with slightly raised eyebrows that they left it in an upwards direction rather than their usual down.

I would have been far prouder if Cardiff fans had stood up for the club's heritage and flat out refused to go along with his modern football rebranding exercise. It would have sent out an important message to other investors and told the world that Cardiff fans weren't the sort to clap along to whimsical rebrands in the name of SUCCESS.
Unfortunately lots of K-ardiff fans have proved themselves to be the sort that ''clap along to whimsical rebrands in the name of SUCCESS''.:(

PS There are degrees of success, at the moment K-ardiff's success consists of bottling it in finals and competing in the championship, Swansea's success is competing in the Premiership and winning major titles getting them into Europe, just go's to show where K-ardiff are in comparison to the Swans.

K-ardiff must be close to £100 million in debt when the Swans posted a profit 10 times greater than last years European champions.
K-ardiff are 2nd division, Swansea are 1st division [showing my age perhaps but that is where we are at]
K-ardiff last won a major trophy 86 years ago, Swansea are current holders of a major trophy.
K-ardiff have never been in the top division since the Premier League came into being, Swansea are now established at the top table.
K-ardiff have sold their heritage, Swansea fans have a rep on the board and are respected throughout football.

K-ardiff should be used to being second best to Swansea by now, i will welcome K-ardiff into the top division when it happens for the good of Welsh football but there is absolutely no sign of K-ardiff competing with Swansea anytime soon on or off the field.

Unfortunately lots of K-ardiff fans have proved themselves to be the sort that ''clap along to whimsical rebrands in the name of SUCCESS''.:(

PS There are degrees of success, at the moment K-ardiff's success consists of bottling it in finals and competing in the championship, Swansea's success is competing in the Premiership and winning major titles getting them into Europe, just go's to show where K-ardiff are in comparison to the Swans.

K-ardiff must be close to £100 million in debt when the Swans posted a profit 10 times greater than last years European champions.
K-ardiff are 2nd division, Swansea are 1st division [showing my age perhaps but that is where we are at]
K-ardiff last won a major trophy 86 years ago, Swansea are current holders of a major trophy.
K-ardiff have never been in the top division since the Premier League came into being, Swansea are now established at the top table.
K-ardiff have sold their heritage, Swansea fans have a rep on the board and are respected throughout football.

K-ardiff should be used to being second best to Swansea by now, i will welcome K-ardiff into the top division when it happens for the good of Welsh football but there is absolutely no sign of K-ardiff competing with Swansea anytime soon on or off the field.

The Swansea City football club are currently enjoying a great deal of success. However, unless you are a member of the team, you are just a sad little tosser who isn't fit to be a rag ringer for a one armed window cleaner and have such a pathetic life you need to revel in the success of someone else in the hope that vicarious association with that success will make you look less pathetic than you actually are.

Such is your patheticness, even when your team reaches the high point of their history, rather than celebrate that victory you feel the need to post on the thread of a rival football team in the hope of making them jealous.

Unfortunately, that plan would only work if our lives were as pathetic as yours. Which they aint.

So why not just piss off and bore people who give a fuck.

Fans are part of every club and as part of a club any success of that club is in part down to the fans of that club.

Unfortunately lots of K-ardiff fans have proved themselves to be the sort that ''clap along to whimsical rebrands in the name of SUCCESS''.
I don't think it would have been any different for Swansea if they'd be under the same circumstances - or most other teams, in fact - so don't go kidding yourself you're anything special.

Now that the club are making a profit, are they going to pay back the rent they have not paid on the municipal stadium they rent from the council?

Breaks my heart when I read about lifelong City fans like this:

My name is Dave Sugarman. I'm a born and bred Bluebird who began supporting Cardiff City in March 1975 and missed just two home games in all competitions until June 2012, when the Malaysian regime introduced their ridiculous re-branding exercise. I haven't attended a match since.

Good writer too:
Although the Severnside derby has a lengthy history, Saturday’s clash will be a unique occasion for obvious reasons. Tradition will be thrown out of the window when the so-called Bluebirds of Cardiff will take to the field against the Robins of Bristol wearing a red and black kit.

Thanks to the Malaysian regime’s re-branding exercise, Cardiff City’s players will be decked out in Bristol City’s colours for a game against Bristol City. I suspect that situation may prove hard to stomach for some of the older generation at the Cardiff City Stadium, but no doubt the prospect of Premier League football next season will once again silence any dissenters. It seems that such things as history, tradition and identity count for very little in the Welsh capital while the promised land is in sight.

Apparently, the fans who attend Saturday’s match will be treated (if that’s the right word) to a half-time display of dancing oriental lions and dragons in celebration of the Chinese New Year. Quite what relevance such a spectacle has to a Severnside derby between Cardiff City and Bristol City is anyone’s guess, although no doubt any late-night television viewers watching the game in Malaysia will be impressed.

Meanwhile, major shareholder Vincent Tan’s big red blunderbuss will fire another broadside at Bluebirds supporters who are opposed to his ridiculous re-brand on Tuesday evening when fans will be presented with a red and white scarf upon their arrival at the Cardiff City Stadium for a Championship clash against Brighton & Hove Albion - a marketing initiative which is proving less than popular on the message boards.
http://thelonegunmanblog.blogspot.co.uk/

Breaks my heart when i read lifelong fans post Facebook messages like this:

Vince Alm
I got criticised by some people on the messageboards regards unsettling the team regards the rebrand! I re-iterate I have not met any one who would prefer to play in our old kit and badge, but tweeting players like Hudson, Conway, Taylor about the color kit and saying they will be dropped if they we go up is exactly the behavior I was eluding to. Lucky those players understand the hurt we are going through but for those resorting to those tactics if you want to keep the moral high ground you need to stop now or you will spoil it for everyone!

How desperate are you for Cardiff to get to the premiership then? Will you clap eagerly along if Tan decides to change the club name too?

Yawn. Change the record.
How about you answer the question? The Bluebirds nickname seems to be in the process of being airbrushed out of history, the blue strip has gone, the badge changes and the free scarves that Tan gave out said 'Cardiff' and not 'Cardiff City.'

So let's hear your opinion about any possible renaming of the club.

Back
Top Bottom