Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Burger Thread. Yes!

Cucumber has no place on a burger, mind. I returned a burger to a scran van because it had cucumber on. Could have just picked it out but I was drunk and a student dickhead.

Big time. Been there. They think the kebab salad is appropriate for a burger? Think again my friend. Sort out a proper salad. Onions, lettuce, tomato and THEN we'll talk :mad: Cucumber is the worst thing ever on a burger.

Onions can be great on a burger, but fuck those over cooked slimey jobs of burger vans. Just showen the heat, but still with some crunch is perfect.

A Brave new world where fish burgers are equal.

I reckon it would be possible to create a decent fish burger.

Not all fish cake does. UK ones sure, but there're plenty of other variants with no potato.

Like what? How many fishcake variants don't contain excess filler in your opinion. If they contain a creditable amount of fish they're usually called something other than a fishcake.

Like what? How many fishcake variants don't contain excess filler in your opinion. If they contain a creditable amount of fish they're usually called something other than a fishcake.
We were on about potatoes, not generic fillers. Besides excess is a matter of taste, no?

Well, there are kind of agreed norms. Which burger type joint serves anything like a fishcake? Which fishcakes, where, would you consider to be adequate burger substitutes?

Don't get me wrong - I like a good fishcake, But I'm struggling to think of any examples that would pass muster as any kind of burger - they're designed for different, standalone, purposes.

It's the vegetarians choice when beanburgers are not on the menu (my years of being vegetarian and finding myself in McD's learnt me a lot about this).

With tartare sauce and a slice of cheese a proper breaded fish fillet in a soft bun is not a bad thing. Though of course, I'd rather have a proper burger given the choice :)

This thread has made me crave a nice burger.

I have to say, I am not a fan of cheese on my burger though. Unless it's a strong blue cheese.

I made some fiercely hot chilli burgers off the top of my head :

1/2 Steak mince
Slice of bread (turned into crumbs)
1 egg yolk
chopped red onion
chopped spring onion
table spoon of chillies
dryed scotch bonnet / crushed (inc. seeds)
paprika
salt n pepper

fresh white bun, cumbrian cheddar, salad n red onion :cool:

vvfmF.jpg

I made some fiercely hot chilli burgers off the top of my head :

1/2 Steak mince
Slice of bread (turned into crumbs)
1 egg yolk
chopped red onion
chopped spring onion
table spoon of chillies
dryed scotch bonnet / crushed (inc. seeds)
paprika
salt n pepper

fresh white bun, cumbrian cheddar, salad n red onion :cool:

I would like a burger now please.

Onions can be great on a burger, but fuck those over cooked slimey jobs of burger vans. Just showen the heat, but still with some crunch is perfect.

Yes. And. No.

The smell of onions frying - IMO - is one of the things that will draw me to a burger van - won't have them, horrible slimey things, but the smell - gorgeous - probably even more extreme, I'll have a small amount of raw onions, although the thought of onions cooked but still with some crunch does intrigue me.

So

Yes. And. Maybe.

Yes. And. No.

The smell of onions frying - IMO - is one of the things that will draw me to a burger van - won't have them, horrible slimey things, but the smell - gorgeous - probably even more extreme, I'll have a small amount of raw onions, although the thought of onions cooked but still with some crunch does intrigue me.

It's good - takes away the sharp tang, that can overpower a burger. Next time you're drawn to the burger van ask for some of the ones they just started cooking. You'll be given an odd look, but it's well worth it. :)

Next time you're drawn to the burger van ask for some of the ones they just started cooking.

I pass a burger van most days going into work - but a burger at 7.XX am is wrong - it's not a breakfast food (don't go there - there are certain things that can eaten for breakfast and "burgers" ain't one of them) - Hmmmm! new thread coming . . . .

Yeh, I could do a burger for breakfast, especially if it was pig based.

Yes. That's call "bacon" - this is a Breakfast food

Burger is - "BEEF" - and unless in 'Merca and in steak form - is NOT a breakfast food

Back
Top Bottom