Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Beauty products that actually work

Found some :)

I never even knew of the existence of these things. There's loads of different types on amazon!

Would you say they were better than just patting a bit of powder on then?

I find that you don't get a build up that shows with them as much as you aren't putting more and more product on, but taking the oil away. The powder is more there to soak up the oil then actually go on your face, so once you've used them you are left with the original makeup you had on rather than a new layer. You don't need a mirror or anything with them either.

I'm a complete convert to primer and wear it all the time. At the moment I'm using Garnier Perfect Blur, under Clinique CC cream (which I love). I must be doing something right because I was chatting to a shopkeeper I've known in passing for a while the other day and I told her I was about to celebrate my twentieth anniversary of living in Brixton. She asked me if I'd grown up here then, and was genuinely shocked when I said I'd arrived at the age of 23. :cool:

I find that you don't get a build up that shows with them as much as you aren't putting more and more product on, but taking the oil away. The powder is more there to soak up the oil then actually go on your face, so once you've used them you are left with the original makeup you had on rather than a new layer. You don't need a mirror or anything with them either.

This is a revelation :D

There's bloody loads of different types though. Might start a thread on them!

I think Urban Decay is the primer I've bought madamv. If so, I think she liked it too.

So, tell me about mineral foundations?

At the moment I'm using Loreal true match foundation, benefit erase paste concealer and cheap loose powder.

I've avoided mineral products as I thought they wouldn't be a good enough cover for my acne prone skin.

Yup, urban decay primer sparklefish bought me and I always use it when I wear eyeshadow.

L'oriel shadows stay on really well though if you're looking for eyeshadow without primer. Lasts ages too.

Getting older I tend to avoid shimmy shadows and go for a matt finish.

This thread is making me realise that I am shit at doing make up. :(
Moisturiser, concealer, foundation and mascara, that's the utmost I do.

I wold love to have lovely eye shadow and stuff that looks good but I am shit at it. :oops:

This thread is making me realise that I am shit at doing make up. :(

I wold love to have lovely eye shadow and stuff that looks good but I am shit at it. :oops:

Don't worry - I think I am doing well if I remember my morning moisturiser. Other than that you can count on one hand the number of times I put makeup on. Bit of eyeshadow and mascara on NYE, that's about it.

I have just ordered Stila's One Step Correct to see what that's like. It's such beautiful colours! Kind of thought I might use it on the odd special occasion.

:(

I wear BB cream, powder, blusher and mascara. Occasionally I put on lipstick and eye shadow, but I feel like a clown and usually end up taking it off.

I find it really hard to do eye make up with lenses in, and if I take them out I can't see properly.

Kitty and Geri, brown eyeshadow is what you need. It's very forgiving.

I bought St Ives collagen cream on the advice of this thread. It seems to help with my morning decolletage lines. A bit.

I'm a complete convert to primer and wear it all the time. At the moment I'm using Garnier Perfect Blur

O. M. G. How does that stuff work? I got some today, and I am proper blurry! All lines and stuff gone! It's weird.

I am fine not wearig make up most of the time but when I want to look a little bit more glam I feel I look like when Homer Simpson makes the make up gun and sets it to whore :oops:
Also I am often puffy around the eyes, so even my trusty liquid liner pen, smudges easily not and gets in me creases. :(
I think I need some lessons and some decent materials but I am totally skint.

I need someone to show me how to do a proper sixties flick eyeliner. I think my eyes might be wrong for this look because I can never achieve it properly.

I have the wrong shape eyes for flicky eyeliner. My eyelid crease goes lower than the outside corner of my eye so it's only really achievable with a really thick line or it gets lost. Iyswim.

I need someone to show me how to do a proper sixties flick eyeliner. I think my eyes might be wrong for this look because I can never achieve it properly.

I used to be able to do them fine but as my eyes have got baggier as I have got older, it all gets lost in the creases.
If you get it wrong, just wet a cotton but with your mouth and roll it on the bit that needs taking off and it comes off straight away with no smudges (usually), then just try again.

I think Urban Decay is the primer I've bought madamv. If so, I think she liked it too.

So, tell me about mineral foundations?

At the moment I'm using Loreal true match foundation, benefit erase paste concealer and cheap loose powder.

I've avoided mineral products as I thought they wouldn't be a good enough cover for my acne prone skin.

I was using the True Match stuff too sparklefish, plus powder, and I have broken veins and acne scars, with the occasional break-out.

I would guess that the mineral powder would actually be better for acne-prone skin than the creamy foundation, cos you don't have to put that much on, and it doesn't seem to sink into your pores the same way. It feels lighter on the skin.

I was using the True Match stuff too sparklefish, plus powder, and I have broken veins and acne scars, with the occasional break-out.

I would guess that the mineral powder would actually be better for acne-prone skin than the creamy foundation, cos you don't have to put that much on, and it doesn't seem to sink into your pores the same way. It feels lighter on the skin.

Brilliant cheers, will get some Friday when I get paid. : )

I think there comes an age when one can't rock the 'black eyeliner all the way round the eye' look. I deem myself to have reached this age and am gravitating to a pearly pink eyeliner.

I think the more wrinkles you have the more eyewear you should wear. Like camouflage, only better.
That said, my eyes do not suit lots of eyeliner and tend to droop outwards so that hey seems to be sliding off my face when I wear too much eyeliner. I am pretty much fucked when they get very wrinkly then.

I think the more wrinkles you have the more eyewear you should wear. Like camouflage, only better.
That said, my eyes do not suit lots of eyeliner and tend to droop outwards so that hey seems to be sliding off my face when I wear too much eyeliner. I am pretty much fucked when they get very wrinkly then.

Ha - I've found myself wearing more on my eyes than ever before these days - mainly for work. I now use a smoky brown and also plenty of this lovely sparkly bronzey coloured eyeliner. Makes 'em look bigger and distracts from the bags (or that's what I tell meself anyway)

Well, I have that one step correct on and I can honestly say I can't see any difference at all.

Back
Top Bottom