Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Anarchist Bookfair 2013 October 19th

That's because the whole episode had no reference to the real world.

I sat around the next day with a disparate bunch of anarchos who weren't together at the bookfair. They all were bemused with different scenes they witnessed.

The twats making a scene sound like Internet anarchos and/or state actors.

some of the same people were blowing a gasket on twitter because one of the Novara people said he'd like to get Russell Brand on. The response wasn't "that's a good idea, but it's vital that the interviewer is a feminist who can raise Brand's views on gender while arguing a hard line pro women's liberation point of view". It was a bunch of stuff about how even raising the possibility was "upsetting" people, and listening to him would "hurt us". It then escalated towards an explicit demand for No Platform. There were also rather blunt hints that the Novara dude shouldn't be arguing his point of view on account of his penis.

That was a very interesting interaction, I think it was Butchers (apols if not) who made the Heathers comment on another thread, they played it out impeccably.

Plus did you give the private eye guy the lowdown on what happened at the boot sale?
No, the cartoonist went, talked to people and wrote down their response.

On the Millbank generation of twitter full communists (who really aren't communists), I never understand why after they swarm on someone who breaks orthodoxy, calling them a cunt or telling them to kill themselves in a total group frenzy, their twitter exchanges between themselves read like this;

"I just wanted to say that you're amazing & right."

"thank you <3 & all solidarity appreciated so much xxx"

It all looks like a weird cult from the outside, people in their mid twenties and early thirties treating politics basically like Myspace drama.

A number do seem genuinely damaged individuals with a pack of self indulgent narcissists feeding off them by proxy. If this really takes hold on the left it will have even less chance of conecting to the outside real world.

A number do seem genuinely damaged individuals with a pack of self indulgent narcissists feeding off them by proxy. If this really takes hold on the left it will have even less chance of conecting to the outside real world.
The Trots really dodged a bullet when they failed to pull significant numbers out of the student movement in 2010.

On the Millbank generation of twitter full communists (who really aren't communists), I never understand why after they swarm on someone who breaks orthodoxy, calling them a cunt or telling them to kill themselves in a total group frenzy, their twitter exchanges between themselves read like this;

"I just wanted to say that you're amazing & right."

"thank you <3 & all solidarity appreciated so much xxx"

It all looks like a weird cult from the outside, people in their mid twenties and early thirties treating politics basically like Myspace drama.

libcom?

No, the cartoonist went, talked to people and wrote down their response...

and then he threw that away and drew his cartoon based on the most obvious cliche, stereotypical shit he could come up with, eh?

anarchist.jpg

and then he threw that away and drew his cartoon based on the most obvious cliche, stereotypical shit he could come up with, eh?
But people have admitted to saying those things to him "standing outside shops" etc.

Not difficult to find obvious cliche, stereotypical shit at the bootfair mind.

Back
Top Bottom