Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
She'd have known exactly who it was, it's a one of the disses that kids use online, "who are you?". A bit like when she said, "this is why we can't have nice things". That's another internet thing, she's part of the first generation who grew up when the internet saturation started to increase. It's part of their language and identity. I think that is partly why you hear kids like Laurie literally say the words, "OH EM GEE".

Actually, that's another group for the wall: people who say "OH EM GEE".

I claim my ten pounds

Laurie Penny@PennyRed
Got to hotel. Asked if I could 'log in'. #icomefromtheinternet

abk.jpg

My Nan smoked Woodbines, fingers like carrots she had - they were certainly sold without tips. Did Woodbine ever sell tipped? :hmm:

I don't know to be perfectly honest. I was in single fingers when my granny smoked.I thought fags had to have a tip on by law? :hmm:

My Nan smoked Woodbines, fingers like carrots she had - they were certainly sold without tips. Did Woodbine ever sell tipped? :hmm:

Yes, they sold Woodbines with cork filters.

I also present the sheer ultimate, ultimate in rough fags which I got off a Russian sailor in Plymouth and felt like a chlorine gas attack:

Reacl machorka fags with cardboard filters:

4608108582_61583a91f6.jpg

Spent a whole evening on these and spent the later part of the night wheezing like a pair of bellows and chundering hideously.

Yes, they sold Woodbines with cork filters.

I also present the sheer ultimate, ultimate in rough fags which I got off a Russian sailor in Plymouth and felt like a chlorine gas attack:

Reacl machorka fags with cardboard filters:

4608108582_61583a91f6.jpg

Spent a whole evening on these and spent the later part of the night wheezing like a pair of bellows and chundering hideously.
Fag belt.

When I was at school some people would pick up discarded regal and B&H fag packs to put lambert and butler in. If you smoked L&B's you were a scummer.

Anyone remember the L&B adverts and how they tried to get rid of that PFWC image by having a bloke on a bilboard getting his L&B sparked up by a butler?

Anyone remember the L&B adverts and how they tried to get rid of that PFWC image by having a bloke on a bilboard getting his L&B sparked up by a butler?

Yeah, I used to pass one on Botanic Avenue all the time. Did you think the butler looked like Capt. Mainwaring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom