Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Callinicos/SWP vs Laurie Penny/New Statesman Facebook handbags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good grief, I've just discovered this. I'm not sure whether to be flattered or weirded out that you've all spent 208 pages on it. I've no idea why you care so much about my appearance and toilet habits.
It's not though, is it? It's mainly about your shite politics, stories full of Hari-style "convenient" encounters, and your resemblance to a thousand other "leftie" journos who've parasited off activism and poverty tourism for a little while until they got bored.

In fact it's not really about you at all. It's about all of your ilk.

Whilst I appreciate constructive criticism, you're wrong. I work hard every day to make sure I'm working for something bigger and more important than myself in the best way I know how. If my way of doing politics offends you, there are surely better ways to express it than speculating that "something about her appearance that makes me think that if she'd been in the bathroom for a number two, you'd be well advised to give it a fair bit longer than ten minutes before going in after her."

Whilst I appreciate constructive criticism, you're wrong. I work hard every day to make sure I'm working for something bigger and more important than myself in the best way I know how. If my way of doing politics offends you, there are surely better ways to express it than speculating that "something about her appearance that makes me think that if she'd been in the bathroom for a number two, you'd be well advised to give it a fair bit longer than ten minutes before going in after her."

oh that part. Don't mind him, why not address the constructive stuff.

So that's 6 pages read at best. (another 100 by the morning and excuses thought up)

popcorn.jpg

Settle in folks. This could go on for a while.

LFour-red-deck-chairs.jpg

Whilst I appreciate constructive criticism, there are surely better ways to express it than speculating that "something about her appearance that makes me think that if she'd been in the bathroom for a number two, you'd be well advised to give it a fair bit longer than ten minutes before going in after her."
To be fair that's just one particularly strange person - there is some serious criticism throughout the thread.

Genuine question, Laurie. A couple of pages back there's some critique of Margaret Mead's famous quote about how only a handful of dedicated people can change the world, et cetera. I'd be interested to hear your response to those who find that quote carries a great deal of unexamined baggage, baggage of the most elitist variety to boot.

I actually can't believe you're now criticising me for not reading and responding to all 209 pages in their entirety. For fuck's sake, I work for a living.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom