Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Beating the Fascists: The authorised history of Anti-Fascist Action

One of the curiosities is that as far as I am aware, apart from Joey Jones, (and that particular thread was first revised and then ended abruptly) no other fascists have offered a view one way of the other. Also on two seperate occassions a thread on Stormfront began and ended within minutes of being put up.

Is there any reason anyone can think of why the opposition, who were perfectly happy to discuss No Retreat - it was even reviewed by a prominent BNP member - have so far expressed no opinion on BTF?

Sorry that should have read 'Joey Owens'.

Mr Joey Jones, played for Liverpool at left-back, and is not now and never has been a cary carrying member of the BNP or indeed any other white supremacist group or organisation.

Just thought I'd better make that sufficiently clear - there are enough libel writs (or threats thereof) flying around already!

Though he did have unnatural relations with pigs.

No, no... my mistake ... that was Joey, "Pig fucker" Jones , who played for Everton 1923 to 1933.

Gawd, nearly another big mishtake there ... !

I dunno.... you toddle off for a wee voluntary ban and thas soon as your back is turned the kids play up.

Can someone please PM me with some details?

I dunno.... you toddle off for a wee voluntary ban and thas soon as your back is turned the kids play up.

Can someone please PM me with some details?

Hi LiamO - the whole thing is still present and correct on here - read from page 47 of this thread onwards to see what's been going on (start from 1/2 way down the thread).

Hi LiamO - the whole thing is still present and correct on here - read from page 47 of this thread onwards to see what's been going on (start from 1/2 way down the thread).

yeah. I get that. I just wondered WHO started crying and threatening legal action. Don't post it up or we might be off on another round...

Sorry mate that piece is terrible. It (unwittingly of course) equates being gay with being a nonce. The by now tired and irrelevant griffin/webster bullshit is not something we should be giving two shits about.There's no need.

butchers, am hurt! bearing in mind it was written about 3 years ago, fair enough on the griffin but the moat adulation, pinkham, heaton, and the list of sex offenders still points up the massive hypocricy of the far right especially on sexuality. [exits weeping for a proper think!]

Sorry mate that piece is terrible. It (unwittingly of course) equates being gay with being a nonce. The by now tired and irrelevant griffin/webster bullshit is not something we should be giving two shits about.There's no need.

Particularly as the original piece was planted in The Observer more than a decade ago by Searchlight.

I've been reading an academic paper called AFA: radical resistance or rent a mob. In the footnotes the author's mention another academic paper: R Aylward and M. Hayes: 'Anti-Fascist Action: An Ethnographic Investigation into an Organisation on the Periphery of Polities', paper presented to PSA (Politics of Law and Order Group) 14 November 1998. The paper was based on research which included extensive interviews and participant observation.

I've not been able to find it anywhere online. Can any help on this one? Did anyone take part?

I've been reading an academic paper called AFA: radical resistance or rent a mob. In the footnotes the author's mention another academic paper: R Aylward and M. Hayes: 'Anti-Fascist Action: An Ethnographic Investigation into an Organisation on the Periphery of Polities', paper presented to PSA (Politics of Law and Order Group) 14 November 1998. The paper was based on research which included extensive interviews and participant observation.

I've not been able to find it anywhere online. Can any help on this one? Did anyone take part?

if you get any info, please post it up. never heard of it either.

Have you got the book? I'm certain there's a blurb which quotes a Dr Mark Hayes, Senior Lecturer at Southampton Solent University? Got to be the same person, I'd have thought. Maybe a direct approach given that it's a piece of academic work you're doing? The college's faculty page even gives you his e-mail.

just reading o'hara on hepple and he mentions an 'imminent WIA documentary on ... an attempt to equate Red Action and AFA with the IRA.' (at war with the truth, p18). also did they do 2 on C18?

What do you mean by "1 paragraph"?

apologies, the griffin thing is only in the 2nd paragraph but the rest is on liverpool bnp and pinkham. it was posted to clarify this .

Red Storm said:
BTW, the posts by Pino (Liam Pinkham) and Souse83 are total bullshit.​
Can you just confirm this fella is called Pink-HAM and not Pink-MAN.

I seem to remember WIA did do a documentary on AFA and from what I've been told it was a bit of a hatchet job. Does anyone know where I might find it online by the way?

Back
Top Bottom