Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

So I'm sweating a bit walking up Mt Olympus. At 1300m I find a couple carrying their cats up. :confused:

View attachment 444427View attachment 444428

I wonder if you have to put sunblock on them if they're outdoors?
I bet you do.
They're quite prone to skin problems anyway because fur usually wicks oils away from the skin - those you actually need to bathe to keep their skin healthy :eek:
They also eat a ton to keep their body temperature up.
It's a natural mutation and they are quite lovely cats, but they definitely wouldn't survive in the wild.

I wonder if you have to put sunblock on them if they're outdoors?
I expect they would have to, it's bad enough with white cats so with no fur at all they'd probably get sun damage.

My uncle had to put sun block on his white cat's ears or she'd get sunburn - she was also deaf which apparently is common in white cats.
My sister's ex' cat got skin cancer on his ears.

(I'm shallow, naked cats and naked rats wig me out a bit - I think it's the folds )

Hey Urbs. I've decided I want to start looking for a studio garden flat now I've got enough saved and was wondering when the best time in the process is to tell the landlord about Lilith (I could just not mention it I guess, but then I risk eviction if they find out). Would you tell them on the phone during the initial enquiry, at the viewing or when you come and sign the tenancy?

Hey Urbs. I've decided I want to start looking for a studio garden flat now I've got enough saved and was wondering when the best time in the process is to tell the landlord about Lilith (I could just not mention it I guess, but then I risk eviction if they find out). Would you tell them on the phone during the initial enquiry, at the viewing or when you come and sign the tenancy?

dunno really.

there was a proposal to make it at least less legal for landlords to have a 'no pets' rule, but it didn't happen with the election being called. it may re-surface in the new government's plans, but that may take a while.

cats protection have some advice here.

i'd be inclined to mention it up front (and certainly before you get to the point of handing any money over), so as not to waste time / generate hassle later, but opinions may vary.

Back
Top Bottom