Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

York

The National Railway Museum is incredible.

I also like the Yorkshire Museum. But if you don't want to pay the price of entry the grounds are nice for a very brief wander if you happen to walk past.
Did the railway museum a few years ago.Fucking amazing place. Might have another look in:oldthumbsup:

Went up there last month for the marathon and sadly didn’t get a chance to look round much, but we enjoyed a couple of very unusual beers at a pub called Pivni, then the most fantastic chippy tea at Drake’s :cool:

Went up there last month for the marathon and sadly didn’t get a chance to look round much, but we enjoyed a couple of very unusual beers at a pub called Pivni, then the most fantastic chippy tea at Drake’s :cool:
Think ive been in Pivni before, definately on the list along with a few good places to eat, Barbakan and Rustique.Also a spanish place with amazing tapas, cant remember the name.

If you go to evensong in York Minster the organ sounds exactly like the John Paul Jones (not the same tune obvs) opening for Led Zeppelin's "Your Time Is Gonna Come'.
York Minster is fascinating, you don't have to be religious.

It has just been rebuilt so maybe it doesn’t sound like that any more.

Think ive been in Pivni before, definately on the list along with a few good places to eat, Barbakan and Rustique.Also a spanish place with amazing tapas, cant remember the name.
Was the tapas place Ambiente? I've been a couple of times and it's always really good. I went into the Christmas market on Sunday and it was packed but there was a brilliant brass band playing the Spice Girls. If you fancy pie and peas and a good pint don't forget the Trembling Madness.

Was the tapas place Ambiente? I've been a couple of times and it's always really good. I went into the Christmas market on Sunday and it was packed but there was a brilliant brass band playing the Spice Girls. If you fancy pie and peas and a good pint don't forget the Trembling Madness.
Yeah, i think it was. Gonna have a look at it now :oldthumbsup:

I discover - from watching Horrible Histories, obvs - that Dick Turpin was hanged, and buried in York.

St George's, Fishergate.

Another vote for Pivni and walking the walls. Probably advisable to do the walk first through :D

If you’re going by train then the York Tap at the station is decent too.

The Christmas market should be on now which might be worth a look, if only for the Winterval fail :thumbs:

If you’re going by train then the York Tap at the station is decent too.

The Christmas market should be on now which might be worth a look, if only for the Winterval fail :thumbs:
I second the York Tap.

I was in York a week and a half ago (it's my home town). Didn't really rate the Christmas market. OK if you want to buy chutney or ceramics as gifts. Sadly it is nice enough, too nice to be in the running for Winterval fail!

There was a very funny woman on the train up telling her friend how York Christmas Market had been voted one of the best in Europe - she was like 'WTAF'?

Back
Top Bottom