Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Yemenites ethnically cleansed by extremists.

moono

Resigned.
Banned
Some 45 Jews of Sa'ada county in Yemen left their homes after being threatened by radical Muslims, the Saudi daily Al Wattan reported on Monday.

Following the incident, the community was forced to evacuate the homes in which they lived for generations, and leave their home town under the protection of tolerant local sheikhs.

The Jewish community in Yemen consists of several hundred members, who are not interested in leaving it. The Jews maintain a community life, including a cheder for children's torah instruction and regularly pray.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/816387.html

I wonder, who is going to protest this ?

Where are the clean hands ?

The community is one of the oldest Jewish communities in the Disaporah, one with which am connected via my 3 children [their mom was Yemeni]. I am sure they will fare well wherever they go, whether to Israel, London, or NYC, or Brussels all of which have large communities. The point though is they should not be forced to go but it is a little known fact that life there is no picnic for Jews. Under Yemenite cultural dictums, a man must carry a ceremonial dagger or he is considered emasculated. Jews of course have been prohibited for centuries, thus rendering Jewish men as aseparate caste if you weill. They are alos severly limited as to what kind of jobs are available to them. Almost always they are forced to become precious metal smiths. While it is not a good thing to be forced to leave hearth and home at least they will have brighter horizons.

rachamim18 said:
The community is one of the oldest Jewish communities in the Disaporah, one with which am connected via my 3 children [their mom was Yemeni]. I am sure they will fare well wherever they go, whether to Israel, London, or NYC, or Brussels all of which have large communities. The point though is they should not be forced to go but it is a little known fact that life there is no picnic for Jews. Under Yemenite cultural dictums, a man must carry a ceremonial dagger or he is considered emasculated. Jews of course have been prohibited for centuries, thus rendering Jewish men as aseparate caste if you weill. They are alos severly limited as to what kind of jobs are available to them. Almost always they are forced to become precious metal smiths. While it is not a good thing to be forced to leave hearth and home at least they will have brighter horizons.

Answer the questions:

Provide me with proof that the ISM leadership admitted to doctoring photos of rachel corrie.

Evidence please that Captain "R" sucessfully sued Uvda-and the trial is over.

The producers of Uvda in that same court case admitted their show on Captain "R" was 'pure fantasy'

Back
Top Bottom