Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

WTF olympic tickets- how does this work?

Edie

We thought we'd try and get some, for the kids. Neither of us has fuck all interest in sport, so we're thinking BMX or table tennis.

But... how the fuck does this site work?! You have to 'apply for tickets'. But if you apply for two categories (like the above), if you get both do you HAVE to pay? :hmm: What if you can't make the day your allocated?

Why is this not clear? Or do you apply for loads, then if you get them, you can decide what you want to actually pay for?

There's this explanatory video with some smiling sportsman, but it wont play on my computer. Jesus, bad at tach and sport, this whole endeavour is made of fail :D

Any pointers? :)

Cheers
Edie x

This is shiiiiit! Basically you have to 'apply' for tickets which you may or may not have to get, but have to pay for if you get. But if we spend £50 a ticket for the ping pong finals, that's about £500 once you factor in an overnight stay and train tickets. So... we only wanna go to one event. But do we chance two incase we don't get the first?

The whole thing is a shambles :mad: I'll be well pissed off if we pay a grand to see ping pong and the womens beach volleyball finals (other halfs final choice).

You can sell them back later, but they don't open the resale office thingy till much nearer the time meaning you'll have to service the debt till then if you get the tickets. Also they don't take Mastercard.

Can someone clarify how the Olympic ticket lottery is the fairest method of allocating tickets when some people got tickets worth tens of thousands of pounds where as some others like BoJo got nothing. It may be fairer than first come first served. But London mayor Boris Johnson got nothing?
;):p

The people that got thousands applied for events that other people had little interest in. So people chosing dressage as their first choice get them rather than leaving the seats empty.

I'd imagine people would be mightilly pissed of had they applied for the opening and closing ceremonies and 100m final and the triathlon were allocated a morning session of weightliting.

Well, my Olympic tickets arrived today.

I had an email from the Royal Mail this morning saying they were going to try to deliver today. Ten minutes after I read it the postie hove into view.

We chose the cheapest tickets we could find for the athletics stadium. We're seeing some early heats of the three-legged race plus the Bulgarian Women's Freestyle Shot-put Display.

#crackingdayout

:)

applied in the first round, didn't get any, couldn't be arsed after that - they should have given free tickets to the opening and closing ceremony and the top events to Hackney residents imvho:cool:

We chose the cheapest tickets we could find for the athletics stadium. We're seeing some early heats of the three-legged race plus the Bulgarian Women's Freestyle Shot-put Display.
I think that's the one we're going to as well, looks great fun.

Back
Top Bottom