Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

world book day outfit ideas

rutabowa

LOSE IT
I would like ideas for a world book day outfit that will allow me to just wear fairly normal clothes that I already have, like a blazer and jeans etc, but with some twist that makes it relevant to a book.

A few years ago I was working at a Primary School and went in a dressing gown and pyjamas, carrying a rolled up towel and a DVD box I'd covered with a printout of the words "Don't Panic" in large, friendly letters. Went down very well for the two or three people who knew what it was. Most fun part was going to buy lunch at Sainsbury's.

I would like ideas for a world book day outfit that will allow me to just wear fairly normal clothes that I already have, like a blazer and jeans etc, but with some twist that makes it relevant to a book.
1*EnGWhGylcA_Q0H7Pbt23Pg.jpeg

ford prefect out of hitchhikers guide to the galaxy; Steel Icarus on right

Ah rutabowa; the holy grail: dressing up for WBD but not really dressing up.

Suit + make up = Fantastic Mr Fox
Messy suit/blazer + beard = Mr Twit
Suit + Cape = Dracula or whathisface out of Harry Potter.

Not really books but there are books with them in it: Wallace out of Wallace & Gromit or a Dr Who?

We've sacked it off today as most of us are on strike and we're having a 'wear pyjamas day' tomorrow. I've threatened to go in the nuddy as I don't wear pyjamas.

Working in a primary school, we used to do Roald Dahl Day. I went in my normal work attire (shirt and tie) and if asked I was Roald Dahl. A colleague had a pair of work gloves and a spanner hanging out of his pocket, and was the father in Danny, the Champion of the World. The boss would wear a trilby along with his suit and not shave for a couple of days, and so would be the father from Matilda.

go as a modern mr darcy from pride and prejudice and zombies

Yeah what is this world book day outfit thing?

All the supermarkets were running a world book day promotion that seemed to involve trying to sell outfits for kids, instead of, well you know, books...

Arthur Dent was always very popular with the male teachers and TAs at my school.

When I was in year 6 I went as Kissing Kate Barlow from Holes and my colleague went as one of the inmates in an orange jumpsuit and spade. :D

Back
Top Bottom