Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Why do people insist on showing you their apple products?

You say that but global warming, net censorship and food additives all played a part in Diana's murder and the problems of the Balkan states - and that all happened before the iPhone 5 launch.

Reactions: Ax^
I don't get this queuing for the latest iPhone thing, are they offering a heavy discount on day one or do they expect to run out of supplies on day two? :hmm:

Both of which would be a marketing thing, to hype it up, a heavy discount could be worth it I guess, limited stock tends to just be a launch marketing scam for mugs, but I've not heard of either of these things coming into play.

So, I guess, these people are just nutters? :hmm:

Sorry for yet again linking to the Daily Heil, but I saw this article this morning and thought of a few people on this thread. Enjoy :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...launch-Apple-fans-world-streets-hours-go.html

Now this sort of thing -

"As Apple opened the doors of its stores around the world beginning in Sydney, staff greeted the first customers with high fives and cheers."

- would cause me great stress, as my mind would override my natural desire to punch the twats in the face. :(

Now, I like this....

article-0-151CFD0D000005DC-920_634x444.jpg

George Horne (left) and Richard Wheatcroft hope to use their place at the head of the queue to raise awareness for their charity 'The Hope Boutique Bakery' and plan to auction their place online.

I hope they raised a few quid from the twats. :thumbs:

Now this sort of thing -

"As Apple opened the doors of its stores around the world beginning in Sydney, staff greeted the first customers with high fives and cheers."

- would cause me great stress, as my mind would override my natural desire to punch the twats in the face. :(

I remember leaving an Olympic event and being faced with a wall of 10 staff all whooping, thanking me for attending and attempting to high five. Very weird experience! But you know, each to their own...

I remember leaving an Olympic event and being faced with a wall of 10 staff all whooping, thanking me for attending and attempting to high five. Very weird experience! But you know, each to their own...

Yeah, if only the bloody Americans kept it to themselves. ;)

If American Psycho had been written today instead of the 1990s, that bit when they're all comparing the quality and finish of their business cards would surely have used Apple products and iPhones instead :D

Your football ticket analogy is filled with buckets of fail.
much like your 'informed' posts on apple which are with less than 5 seconds worth of Googleing provably false Batman....

tell me as KE isn't discussing things with you on this thread as you've previously said he has the issue with you and not you have an issue with him why are you continuously goading him...

Tbh I was being slightly tongue in cheek, no surprise the archangel fan droid has turned up to have a go. Again.

Or computer game launches, or the January sales blah blah blah...

So, in reality, it's not actually that wierd I guess... ;)

Hehe yeah I did wonder about saying that but I like games so wasn't going to throw gamers in with footie fans.:p

Yup same as those sad bastards that queue up for football tickets or opening days of big films...

With football tickets there's going to be a limit on supply, it was on the news earlier that they have sold over 5-million iPhone 5's worldwide in just 3 days, no mention of any shortages.

Or computer game launches, or the January sales blah blah blah...

So, in reality, it's not actually that wierd I guess... ;)

In the January sales you stand the chance of getting one of the heavily discounted 'headline' bargains, I've not heard of any discount for the new iPhone.

Therefore, these people are twats for pointlessly queuing for bloody hours, just so they have make even bigger twats of themselves by boasting they were stupid enough to do it.

Only wallopers buy consumer goods as soon as they come out - Leave it for even as short a time as a couple of weeks and the price'll probably have dropped.

A few urbanites queued up for game releases at midnight, I've mates that do that for every major release. Is it really that different?

A few urbanites queued up for game releases at midnight, I've mates that do that for every major release. Is it really that different?

I have waited up until midnight for a game to download it but I wouldn't hang around outside shops.

I guess one really want to care for a product to queue for hours and get it at the first available moment, instead of a few days later. I guess it boills down to a "na-na-na-na-na look what I've got" bragging mentality.

In this particular case it's even more puzzling, as it is no new revoluationary product the likes of which we've never seen before, but a slighty better upgrade on a product that's been around for years and which virtually every fucker queuing would already have the most up-to-date version available in their pockets.

I guess one really want to care for a product to queue for hours and get it at the first available moment, instead of a few days later. I guess it boills down to a "na-na-na-na-na look what I've got" bragging mentality.

In this particular case it's even more puzzling, as it is no new revoluationary product the likes of which we've never seen before, but a slighty better upgrade on a product that's been around for years and which virtually every fucker queuing would already have the most up-to-date version available in their pockets.

People line up for each new version of Halo, hardly what you could call a revolutionary update too, are they any different?

People line up for each new version of Halo, hardly what you could call a revolutionary update too, are they any different?

Nope, I would file them under 'T' for twats for the same reason, that being they can get it at the same price the next day without wasting hours of their life.

I've seen people lining up to a degree that _did_ obstruct pedestrians - stretched all the way across another road - for the opening of a cupcake shop in Covent Garden. Now, if you wanted a queue of hipsters, that was it.

I've seen people lining up to a degree that _did_ obstruct pedestrians - stretched all the way across another road - for the opening of a cupcake shop in Covent Garden. Now, if you wanted a queue of hipsters, that was it.
I'm guessing that queue wasn't there for several nights though. Have you any pics of this queue? I want to see these cup cake hipsters!

Seriously? Jesus. :facepalm:

They would have to be filed under 'W' for wankers.

Back
Top Bottom