Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Help Why can't I disable 5G on my iPhone 13?

skyscraper101

0891 50 50 50
EDIT. Problem solved. :facepalm:

iPhone boffins. Can you help please? I have an iPhone 13 Pro on EE. I'm trying to disable 5G and limit to 4G, mainly for battery reasons.

However, and this is really confusing me - every guide I reference - including EE's own picture by picture guide, points me to settings > mobile data > 'mobile data options'

But there are no 'mobile data options' on my screen. I'm literally unable to see what is in every guide which tells you what to do. Why is this? I'm confused.

Last edited:
I can see those options on my iPhone 8 but that doesn't even do 5g so could be different from yours.

More importantly, 4G uses loads more power than 5g. It's one of its big selling points for carriers as well as users. 5g uses 10% of the power per bit of 4g.

I think I've found the solution. Apparently I need to click on the individual number I'm disabling. I had more than one SIM installed, so 'mobile options' didn't show up by default. Duh.

Reactions: MBV
More importantly, 4G uses loads more power than 5g. It's one of its big selling points for carriers as well as users. 5g uses 10% of the power per bit of 4g.

The internet seems to think running on 5G uses more battery - especially if it's having a hard time getting a signal. I've noticed quite a lot of the time my '5G' is on like 1 or 2 bars and I'd rather just have a solid 4G signal.

The internet seems to think running on 5G uses more battery - especially if it's having a hard time getting a signal. I've noticed quite a lot of the time my '5G' is on like 1 or 2 bars and I'd rather just have a solid 4G signal.
I suspect you are in a bad 5G area so makes sense I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom