Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Which banks do and do not allow you to gamble online?

Hi, I'm thinking of opening a separate bank account for doing some online betting and I was wondering which banks don't allow you to use accounts to gamble? I'm sure I saw somewhere that there's at least one bank that their Ts & Cs say they won't allow you to use their accounts for gambling but I can't find it now.

Anybody know? Or, coming at the problem from the other side, which banks DO allow you to use them for online gambling? Thanks.

Hi, I'm thinking of opening a separate bank account for doing some online betting and I was wondering which banks don't allow you to use accounts to gamble? I'm sure I saw somewhere that there's at least one bank that their Ts & Cs say they won't allow you to use their accounts for gambling but I can't find it now.

Anybody know? Or, coming at the problem from the other side, which banks DO allow you to use them for online gambling? Thanks.

Just send me the cash and I'll nip to the bookies for you.

I like the sound of these banks who won't facilitate online gambling...

Starling has an option to disable it so assume they allow it.

I don’t. Next up they’ll stop you going to the offie.

You should be able to use your bank account for any legal purchases unless you’ve specifically requested a block.
The interesting link by Hollis implies that is actually that what happens, you can use your debit card in the bookies unless you request a block. Can't use a credit card though. Since I can't put 10p in a slot machine without feeling I'm being defrauded I did not know that.

It's been a couple of days since I asked this and then I've downloaded a load of Ts & Cs or various banks and searched for the string "gambl" to cover gamble and gambling - not a dicke bird.

I've also looked at some online signups of high street banks and building societies and a lot of them ask you what you're going to use the account for. HSBC is the worst for that. They want to know everything!

Barclays have a setting in their app to block gambling payments (which means they must normally be allowed).

If OP is in the usa then i think banks over there have to block gambling payments by law.

You don’t need to open another bank account, most bookies allow you to deposit using paysafecard. You can also make a deposit using a cashdirect voucher at William Hill which you can get from one of their shops. Here’s a link to paysafecard.

I only bet on football and the horses occasionally and tend to use betting shops these days. The online bookies are all tax dodging twats.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom