Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Welwyn Garden City v Hamlet, pre-season friendly, Tuesday 1st August 2023

Pink Panther

Penultimate pre-season game this evening. Ground is a fair hike (about 1 and a half miles) from Welwyn Garden City Station, which is served by trains from King's Cross and Moorgate, connecting with Thameslink and Underground services at Finsbury Park.

And they have to be new, bc as far as I'm aware we've signed all the previous trialists, bar the full back with dreads, Lovatt, and the little curly haired winger/midfielder.

A rather sketchy Hamlet performance. Danny Mills twice gave us the lead but we looked rather disjointed after making lots of substitutions during the final half hour and could easily have lost. A special mention for the referee who was so one eyed I could hardly believe the way he handled the game. He must be a close friend of the host club and I'd have been absolutely fuming at at his performance if that had been a league or cup game.

I asked the chairman and secretary about Alfie Allen and Jerry Gyebi regarding their clash of heads last week, and they're basically OK. They were able to resume light training last night and should be available for the opening league game on Saturday week. We're now training three times a week, according to Michael Chambers.

Back
Top Bottom