Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Weight classes should they exist?

A380

How do I change this 'custom title' thing then?
So combat sports and weight lifting have weight classes. On the face of it seems fair enough but why only those sports. No 50 kg man would win the 100M or any rowing event but we don't have weight categories for them. If the Olympics is about being the best man or woman the world isn't it unfair that some sports have multiple medals whilst others don't?

So combat sports and weight lifting have weight classes. On the face of it seems fair enough but why only those sports. No 50 kg man would win the 100M or any rowing event but we don't have weight categories for them. If the Olympics is about being the best man or woman the world isn't it unfair that some sports have multiple medals whilst others don't?

Because weight counts. I did judo at 80kg or less, someone 60kg or less would have struggled against me (assuming equal skill). The club at school was mixed weight, and you really had to be careful with the youngsters, too easy to break them. :)

Because weight counts. I did judo at 80kg or less, someone 60kg or less would have struggled against me (assuming equal skill). The club at school was mixed weight, and you really had to be careful with the youngsters, too easy to break them. :)
But we don't have Olympic basket ball height classes even though there might be really skill-full 5'5" men out there, shouldn't they have a chance to win?

Back
Top Bottom