Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Voluntary freelancer.com

Argonia

Happy go licky
Recently I have sought some voluntary work as I have had quite a bit of time on my hands and wanted to do something useful with it. I have found it a real struggle to find voluntary work that can be done remotely - I have joined in with a British Red Cross transcription project which can be done online anywhere in the world but have struggled to find more than this. What I think is needed is a site like Freelancer.com or People Per Hour or Odesk where not for profit organisations could post up specific tasks that need doing and let people bid on them. That way, any time periods where one doesn't have much to do could be usefully employed and help lead to a better CV. I have discovered something along those lines in the form of Volunteer Match but it doesn't seem as extensive a site as something like Freelancer.com is and I wonder if there is a gap in the (not for profit) market that could be filled. Perhaps some Urbanites might like to take it on as a project if anyone has the spare time and nous to create it?

I have found Do It to be a very useful site for finding out voluntary positions that are done in real life but not for individual tasks that can be done on the internet.

maybe there arnt many positions that they want done virtually? doit does have an option to search for virtual roles but as you say there are not many of them in there

Back
Top Bottom