Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Vile Evils / Pop Will Eat Itself new single

PRESS RELEASE / FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE / 23 FEBRUARY 2010
DPULSE RECORDINGS / CONTACT: MARTIN DEVAUGHAN +44 7908 561 986

gd@ovrtone.com

GRAHAM CRABB LAUNCHES NEW FUTURE FOR POP WILL EAT ITSELF
Iconic Band’s Principal Songwriter and Co-Frontman Revives PWEI

FEB. 23, 2010 – dPulse Recordings has announced today the opening of a new chapter in the storied legacy of Pop Will Eat Itself - one of the most influential names in the history of electronic rock music – as Graham Crabb, the band’s principal songwriter and co-lead vocalist, ramps up with a new era for the PWEI legacy.

With a string of Top 40 UK and US hits, Pop Will Eat Itself rose to prominence fueled by Crabb-penned tunes such as ‘There Is No Love Between Us Anymore’, ‘Bulletproof’, ‘RSVP’, ‘Get The Girl, Kill The Baddies’ and many, many others.

With the new Pop Will Eat Itself single ‘Axe of Men (2010)’ currently making its rounds on DJ and radio promo worldwide, Crabb and PWEI will release a new album in summer 2010. That album will include tracks originally planned for the now-cancelled Vile Evils album Vive Le Vile Evil, which was scheduled for release by dPulse Recordings 23 March.

With news of this announcement, Graham Crabb and long-time collaborator and PWEI member Adam Mole have mutually and amicably disbanded their project Vile Evils, effective immediately.

The ‘Demon (feat. Clint Mansell)’ / ‘Axe of Men 2010’ Remix EP is the last planned Vile Evils release.

All previously advertised Vile Evils live dates in the UK for summer 2010 – which were not confirmed by the band – are cancelled. Customers who may have purchased tickets for advertised Vile Evils shows should request a refund from the venue.

Customers who may have pre-ordered the Vile Evils album Vive le Vile Evil from amazon.com, amazon.co.uk or other retailers will be refunded by the retailer.

The ‘Demon (feat. Clint Mansell)’ / ‘Axe of Men 201’ Remix EP by Vile Evils will be released by dPulse as planned 2 March. The EP will be available in both digital and factory manufactured, shrink-wrapped compact disc.

Vile Evils merchandise on sale via dPulse Recordings will remain available only while supplies last.

Graham Crabb is currently working on completion of the forthcoming Pop Will Eat Itself album, and is also assembling a superstar line-up for 2010 PWEI live dates.

The Designers Republic, the iconic design firm legendary for their work with PWEI, and designers of the Vile Evils logo and Vive Le Vile Evil release artwork (including the 16-page booklet and digipak design for Vive Le Vile Evil) will also design the new Pop Will Eat Itself logo and release art.

Discussions are currently in progress for Pop Will Eat Itself tour dates in 2010, with one date just confirmed: Graham Crabb and Pop Will Eat Itself will headline the legendary Knitting Factory in New York City, New York on Friday, October 8, 2010.

Tickets and on-sale for that date will be announced shortly.

Graham Crabb, Adam Mole and dPulse Recordings wish to sincerely thank all fans of Pop Will Eat Itself and Vile Evils through the years, and look forward to the beginning of a whole new chapter in the band’s amazing and influential history.

England’s Finest.

Additional news on upcoming music, live dates and more coming to www.pwei.info.

:hmm:

A gig in New York?

Fuck that, play some shows in England!

I wonder if they can come back with a sound that doesn't sound dated? Anything after The Looks or The Lifestyle sounded stale.

But doesn't it all sound a bit- Graham Crabb with others, performing under the name 'Pop Will Eat Itself'? I fucking hope it's not that.

There's a massive difference between Box Frenzy/Now for a feast/this is this but as soon as they went synthy and guitar mash up it does all sound a bit meh.

I can't listen to those tracks you've posted up at work. Will have to wait til home.

Are they any good?

But doesn't it all sound a bit- Graham Crabb with others, performing under the name 'Pop Will Eat Itself'? I fucking hope it's not that.

From what I have heard that is exactly it, no Mansell or Richard March

No Clint, no Rich, no Fuzz (too busy working for Practical Classics car magazine!) - it's not really PWEI.

As of today, 23rd Feb 2010 a new chapter begins for Pop Will Eat Itself.

As the sole remaining member I am committed to releasing top quality new material, furthering the band's name as a cutting-edge force with an extraordinary live presence and forging partnerships and collborations with those who can bring the noise to the PWEI party.

http://www.grahamcrabb.com/fr_index.cfm

Now, I liked PWEI as well as the next mid-90s indie teenager, but "one of the most influential names in the history of electronic rock music"?

Massive PWEI fan right up until the last but that is dirge, sorry. DDMA was a great album to finish on, aside from re-union gigs it's best they leave it.

They always sucked. Even as a teenager who really really wanted to like them (because they were on Snub TV, cos their lyrics namechecked lots of stuff I thought was cool etc etc) I always kind of knew, deep down, that they were basically shit.

Incorrect, matt m.

Can hardly take the words of someone who doesn't even respect themselves enough to give their own name a capital letter as truth, can we! ;)

Back
Top Bottom