Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Victory rolls, teach me how.

Glitter

Goddess of rock!
I really want to learn how to do them.

My hair is very fine and doesn't usually stay in styles well so might be a bit ambitious but I'd like to give it a go.

I've got a fringe now, would this be an impediment?

Show me what to do and I'll give it a go :)

Always works best if you curl the ends of your hair first, if it's very straight.

I done these on other people, they are more hassle than it's worth, but tresemme freeze hold hairspray will do the trick if you need fine hair staying in place, it's as good as the one costing 21 quid they use on my hair in the barbers

your fringe will probably be a hinderance.

I put mine in heated rollers the opposite way first then either use a rat (get a bun roll thing from primark and cut it so it's a tube) and roll it around that or the trickier way is using finger and thumb and do it but at a time. I've got stupid fine hair too. It's also easier on dirty hair

I totally second everything Dovydaitis said. Also if your hair is as fine as mine you're probably (like me) a bit of a reluctant back comber. I'd say back comb way more than you usually would and use far more hairspray than you think is right. Mine sometimes has to stand up like cardboard before i can get a decent roll.

I really want to learn how to do them.

My hair is very fine and doesn't usually stay in styles well so might be a bit ambitious but I'd like to give it a go.

I've got a fringe now, would this be an impediment?

Show me what to do and I'll give it a go :)

Don't try doing them with clean hair. Your hair needs a bit of grip to it.

God knows why anyone wants to looks like a 1940's factory lass but if you must... :D

Don't try doing them with clean hair. Your hair needs a bit of grip to it. <snip>
Word - I've got fine hair and it used to be even finer - (to the extent that hairgrips had to be crossed or they slipped out). One way to dirty up your hair without stretching washes is to apply a load of hairspray and then brush it out. If your hair isn't sticky/grippy enough, repeat the process until it is.

Back
Top Bottom