Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Vauxhall Sunday Market

The fish restaurant looked amazing. Fabulous marinades fish and seafood. 10 quid for two large grilled seabass and paella. That's for one person mind.

They knocked down the big shed and keep the new, shiny replacement locked, which is a shame because there's now little shelter, so it's generally a bit thinner on inclement days. The fish is good, but so are most of the other established non-generic food stalls. Who goes there is what makes it though so please don't shout about it too loud, it doesn't tend to appear on the 'must visit' lists of markets and long may that continue.

They knocked down the big shed and keep the new, shiny replacement locked, which is a shame because there's now little shelter, so it's generally a bit thinner on inclement days. The fish is good, but so are most of the other established non-generic food stalls. Who goes there is what makes it though so please don't shout about it too loud, it doesn't tend to appear on the 'must visit' lists of markets and long may that continue.

Ah, the mass tourism would spoil the authentic local character argument: keep the riff-raff out!

I was idley thinking of which past gf (if any) would have coped being taken for a fish lunch at the market. The food looked and smelt amazing. Great value. Would be worth taking plates and a bottle of Chablis.

The place to go for site work clothes, tools, fruit and veg (fantastic quality and price for this), meat and fish, plus an eclectic mix of all sorts of stuff from new designer gear to used underpants.

I was idley thinking of which past gf (if any) would have coped being taken for a fish lunch at the market. The food looked and smelt amazing. Great value. Would be worth taking plates and a bottle of Chablis.
Mulling on this more, if I get the urge to propose to the gf, I might see how she copes with a big sea bream and paella lunch here first.

Ah, the mass tourism would spoil the authentic local character argument: keep the riff-raff out!
something like that
Presumably, with the plans to relocate the fruit and vegetable market to Barking, its days are numbered.
That was the concern 3 or 4 years ago but they've been spending a lot of money on the wholesale market since then so I'm hoping the threat has passed.

ps the Wandsworth Road entrance is closer to the tube and buses: you'll see the people carrying treasure away, go where they've come from.

Back
Top Bottom