Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Van Gogh portrait exhibition

Mumbles274

running from law and the press and the parents
Anyone been or going, I just got a ticket, less than 20 or so left for the final day. Don't miss out if its you're thing. I've missed far too many cool things like this over the years.

At the Courtauld Gallery you mean?
Yes, I've booked for the end of this month.
Is it all fully booked now :eek:

This is pretty tasteless...
‘Mental illness is not a joke’: London gallery under fire for Van Gogh gifts

Currently displaying a major exhibition of his work, including his infamous self-portrait with bandaged ear, some of the Courtauld’s products – such as a £6 eraser in the shape of an ear – have been branded insensitive.

[C]ritics have attacked gift shop items highlighting the severe mental health crisis Van Gogh experienced, and which culminated in his suicide.

[V]isitors can buy a £5 bar of soap, marketed as ideal for “the tortured artist who enjoys fluffy bubbles”. An “emotional first aid kit”, priced at £16, is described as “a box of wise emergency advice for 20 key psychological situations”.

Fuck them tbh.

Totally agree. Tasteless and crass. What a disrespectful way to commemorate one of the greatest artists to have ever lived. Better off visiting The Van Gogh Museum itself in Amsterdam to get a true representation of the great man's life and genius. I absolutely loved it, and intend to go again sometime this year, hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom