Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

US Midwest

i was in chicago once, i liked it quite well.

the last undergraduate gf was from fort wayne, but she was an oddball and it ended badly.

i drove cross-country once, spent a day in STL. i was crossing the mizzip to get to KC where i had a reservation but i saw the arch and IT'S SO BIG so i stopped and spent the day thereabouts, very interesting.

i knew a woman from MN and she was so norwegian that you could see the veins in her skin. i am not making that up. and the accent!

i was in chicago once, i liked it quite well.

the last undergraduate gf was from fort wayne, but she was an oddball and it ended badly.

i drove cross-country once, spent a day in STL. i was crossing the mizzip to get to KC where i had a reservation but i saw the arch and IT'S SO BIG so i stopped and spent the day thereabouts, very interesting.

i knew a woman from MN and she was so norwegian that you could see the veins in her skin. i am not making that up. and the accent!
Have you ever visited Fort wayne?

I studied in the Mid West for a year , at the University of Illinois : Champaign-Urbana . 1986-87 , haven't been back there or the states since. Had a wonderful year there tbf .

Posting in here on the off chance someone might have some useful information.

We are going to Detroit and Chicago next year and we are particularly interested in exploring:

1. The industrial history and working class communities of both cities
2. The history of techno in both cities

If anyone has got any thoughts or info on places that we should go, things we should see and - on particular - walking routes or cycling routes - worth doing please let me know.

We are going to Detroit and Chicago next year and we are particularly interested in exploring:

If anyone has got any thoughts or info on places that we should go, things we should see and - on particular - walking routes or cycling routes - worth doing please let me know.
Have you thought of posting on more music orientated boards? You might find residents of both cites with lived experience of what you seek :)

Perhaps even asking on this thread might be helpful as there are some knowledgeable people on there ( not me :oops: )

Perhaps even asking on this thread might be helpful as there are some knowledgeable people on there ( not me :oops: )

I will pal. Thanks

Don’t know if this might be of use…

Eta… bugger, it’s a private link in the community forum. Join up!

Further edit… I fluffed it. Should work now

:weed:

I spend a summer in Minneapolis in the early 90s.. working at the Hubert Humphrey Metrodome selling concessions and an Amercian Express warehouse. Can't say I have much to say about the place... met some decent people there into 80s British indie music... Wish I made it to Chicago... but was hopelessly young and clueless.

Back
Top Bottom