Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Uefa ‘rewrites the rules’ to allow Manchester City to dodge FFP sanctions

editor

hiraethified
Ah, corporate football, eh?

The threat of legal action against Uefa has enabled Manchester City to field only one club-trained player in their Champions League squad which goes into action against Bayern Munich next week – three fewer than Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool – despite having failed the governing body’s Financial Fair Play rules.

To the bemusement of other English clubs, who must include four players they have developed themselves in their European squads, the only club-trained player in City’s squad is Dedryck Boyata – a Belgian signed as a teenager and developed by the club.

The Independent understands that the player union Fifpro has been involved in the slackening of restrictions on City, possibly pressing Uefa to allow City fewer home-grown players by indicating that the governing body could be guilty of creating a restriction of movement for players with a more stringent regime. That could result in a complex legal action.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...llow-city-to-dodge-ffp-sanctions-9725033.html

Fifpro raised both the City and PSG sanctions and this issue way back in May I think their lobbying was based over tha fact that both teams Euro squads have been reduced due to the FFP and that players would further lose out. City actually recruited th accounts team from Deloittes who drew up the FFP rules to try and get them round the FFP .

Incidentially Hull, QPR and Sunderland don’t have any homegrown players within their squad.

It will be intersting how Man Utd and Monaco manage the accountancy for the Falcao's salry whilst on loan as some party or the other will have to pay his tax bill. As Monaco are likely to also face FPP sanctions for salaries I thought Man Utd might take the hit but if they did that it also pushes then into breach of FFP.

It will be intersting how Man Utd and Monaco manage the accountancy for the Falcao's salry whilst on loan as some party or the other will have to pay his tax bill. As Monaco are likely to also face FPP sanctions for salaries I thought Man Utd might take the hit but if they did that it also pushes then into breach of FFP.
You have to be in Europe to be in breach of FFP.

Back
Top Bottom