Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tyson Fury Not Quite On The Comeback Trail

Wilf

Slouching towards Billingham
Fury fails to turn up to his doping hearing:
Tyson Fury fails to turn up for crucial Ukad doping hearing in London
Aside from his hideous social views and - well of course - whether he was actually guilty of steroid doping, it's a shame. Would have been good to see him in with Joshua or Wilder. His style isn't always a good watch, but he's rather good at frustrating powerful opponents. Good at finding a way to win.

Even if I put to one side his abhorrent views, I take a very dim view of drug cheats in sports, especially combat sports. So I don't really give two shits if he never fights again, especially with the various excuses and games he has played in relation to various drug charges.

I still recon we could clear all this up if you have a separate system for the dopers in sport, they compete openly with others who also use enhancements. If you get caught being doped up you get stripped of any medals or trophies and have to go win the drug/machine enabled ones instead. More sport=more advertising.

The only downside to it is that there is those who thirst for victory so much they'll ruin themselves and others. Like steroids and WWE fighters. Not sure how to prevent that bit of it.

he is fucking shite, never mind his questionable utterances. the good thing is that there is still hope for lardy aging wankers to make a living out of boxing. I may have to start boxing again.

Just saw as much as I could stand of it on youtube - predictably farcical. It also says something about boxing's weight categories when fury can fight somebody 4.5 stone lighter. Would be like Seferi himself fighting a welterweight or, even if you look at it in terms of % rather than absolute weight differences, perhaps a superwelterweight.

his name sake was around 100kg and stood 5.10 at his prime

even if Fury was in his prime and had a time machine he would not take that fight

not sure if having super weight division to boxing would be that beneficial

Just saw as much as I could stand of it on youtube - predictably farcical. It also says something about boxing's weight categories when fury can fight somebody 4.5 stone lighter. Would be like Seferi himself fighting a welterweight or, even if you look at it in terms of % rather than absolute weight differences, perhaps a superwelterweight.

Weight didn't help him, height did

Reactions: Ax^
Weight didn't help him, height did
I think it would have done if there's been any meaningful exchange of punches. But on Ax^ 's point, I'd generally agree, very heavy fighters tend to lose their advantage by being slower, less mobile etc. But in the case of Fury, Joshua and a few others who are naturally heavier and still mobile, the height/weight/reach advantage really helps. Heavyweight is a category where a genuinely good big 'un beats a good little 'un.

Am I right in thinking cruiserweight has only been around for 30 or 40 years? Must have been terrifying for somebody just above light heavy to be fighting a full on heavyweight. Have a feeling Henry Cooper was in that category. [heads off to wiki...]

edit: Cooper was certainly a light heavyweight in his amateur days. Fought around 13 stone 8 lbs as a pro, which was a real disadvantage, though I suppose his opponents would usually be smaller than they are today.

Last edited:
It was a circus but it was always going to be

Tyson fury is the real deal, a boxers boxer, I think breaking up with peter fury may have been his worst life decision, the new trainer looks like an inexperienced fuckwit

I doubt he has added a single thing to fury’s repertoire and he hadn’t trimmed fury’s weight as much as expected which quick frankly was the only job he had

The size of the fury entourage is an indication of lack of focus, too many hangers on

I travelled to see fury fight klitschko in Düsseldorf. He boxed tricky and clever and overcame the “unbeatable”

Hopefully someone will take charge of fury’s Destiny. I can’t wait to see him take on wilder and AJ but he’s got some work to do and some mental an environmental obstacles to cross

Like all drug cheats I think he should be out of the sport. But if he is to be in it, it's a criminal waste of talent if he pisses it all away. I'm no boxing analyst, but to me he looks awkward enough to give Joshua a few problems. I'd hope Joshua knocked him out, even more so after the shit Fury would come out with in the lead up, but it would be a hard fight for AJ.

Back
Top Bottom