Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Triathlon

Nine Bob Note

Self-Isolating before it was fashionable
Didn't watch any of the games today (bit depressing having the gymnastics and the cycling finish last night) but tmoz sees the men's triathlon. Alistair and Jonathan Brownlee are in the running (and the cycling and the swimming) and are looking for gold AND silver. Gold and bronze in London, but then silver medallist and arch rival, Javiér Gomez, is out injured this time, so it's looking good for the one-two.

3pm UK time.

Earphones? I don't really get people listening to sport on radio, but triathlon strikes me as one that would work

Balls. Just seen Jonathan Edwards on triathlon preamble duties. His whiny voice and snidey persona get on my tits. Hope he's not commentating during the actual race or else or I'll have to turn the sound off.

But they're used to uneven terrain, that's how they train in Yorkshire (call that a fucking hill?) That's how they've opened up the gap between the first and second group, as Mola's group has no one driving them up the big incline. Plus, this isn't going to be suiting everyone in the Brownlee group who are being forced to keep up - they're gonna be knackered before they even start the run :thumbs:

Crikey, that seemed a lot easier than expected. Looks like they had it sewn up at the beginning of the cycling segment. No Gomez, their main rival, in the race this time. Mola, another rival, has just given the most charming interview to BBC - full of smiles, giving long enthusiastic answers to bog standard questions.

It was great to watch. I only caught the end of the swim as I'm abroad and couldn't use iPlayer. In the end used someone's Facebook feed from the US - on their mobile in front of the telly. Once they came out of the swim in the front group that was it really. Another gold and silver for GB.

Heartbreak on the cards for one of them - I bet the trainers/family/friends of the 2 brits are nervous as hell for them!

I'm watching the online feed where the commentary has stopped and we're just seeing athletes continue to come over the line. Some great fights down the field, the Mexican who sprinted to secure 33rd promptly collapsed :eek:

Was gonna watch this this avo but forgot to avoid news media in advance :facepalm: Might still bung it on, I have nothing against sweaty young men after all...

Back
Top Bottom