Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Travelling to the USA on an ETSA (but staying at a different address)

editor

hiraethified
I'm travelling to the US soon and my ETSA is still valid from my last trip but I was staying at a different address.
My gut instinct is not to change anything for fear of the US Customs instantly hitting clusterfuck mode and either trying to charge me again or just bazookaing the entire application.
Or am I getting carried away and is changing the hotel address straightforward and simple?
Pertinent advice appreciated, thanks.

Says you can change "address in the us" on their site. Not sure if they do any checks if you don't bother though. Would have thought it was commen for people to stay at different hotels though so doubt it's a major problem.

1699478994115.png

The address in the US but always puzzles me, I genrally stay in at least 3 places in a trip and it's a multi year pass. I think I ended up applying for most of them without the address filled in at all as I always go visas etc before booking anything.

I've always used a friend's address, whether I was staying there or not. I suspect it's more important to have some evidence of where you are staying to present to the immigration officer on arrival.

I've used the same ESTA over multiple trips and never changed any details on the ESTA. I guess you will put your address on the immigration form anyway.

The advice I remember was to give the address I was staying at for the first day or two and that was fine. They didn't need subsequent places.

Put any old bollocks address on the ESTA, it's valid for 2 years, they don't expect you to stay 2 years.

When you add your APIS to a flight you can still put any old rubbish down, it really doesn't matter.

A friedly travel agent my even supply something that will work for you...

Back
Top Bottom