3 Phil Wilson
4 Danny Carr (first spell)
5 Nyren Clunis
6 Ibrahim Kargbo
7 Ellis Green
8 Kenny Beaney
9 Ethan Pinnock
10 Reise Allassani

I'd quite like to fit Kevin James or Lewis Gonsalves in too, possibly Nathan Green, which would probably be at the expense of Allassani who played far fewer matches for the club, but it's top ten and "favourites" not the usual "pick your best XI". Hence Wilson not Edwards, whose slick and accurate distribution made him a better fit in goal at least during the 'sexy football" years of the Isthmian Premier.

Reactions: EDC
Only been following since the 15/16 season so will keep it to top 5.

1. Ethan Pinnock
2. Nyren Clunis
3. Ash Carew
4. Kenny Beaney
5. Nathan Green

Special mention for Ibra Sekaija who was brilliant to watch such as shame how he left and how his career has gone.

Looks like i missed out on watching Peter Adenyi.

Last edited:
Special mention for Ibra Sekaija who was brilliant to watch such as shame how he left and how his career has gone.
I thought he was a very wholehearted forward with a good all round game once his confidence rose with regular starts and goals. His abrupt departure looked like a classic case of an interfering agent persuading him he was too good for us. He's now benchwarming for Maidenhead, albeit a level higher than ourselves. One of the positive examples of Gavin Rose rehabilitating a career that seemed to have lost its way.

1 Peter Adenyi (would chest everything down to his own feet and take every ball forward before picking out a pass - defo played levels below his ability)
2 Erhun Oztumer
3 Ethan Pinnock
4 Nathan Green (LB,LWB,LM,LW,LF...RM)
5 Nyren Clunis
6 Ibrahim Kargbo and
7 Kenny as a pair (name a more iconic duo)
8 Dipo Akinyeme (that night in Billericay)
9 Sanchez Ming
10 Reise Allassani

In addition to Dipo, Sanchez Ming, Kevin James, Kenny Beaney, Nathan Green, Danny Carr & Lewis Gonsalves. Also consider Dean Carpenter, Francis Duku, Xavier Vidal, Mark Weatherstone, Gavin Tomlin & Michael Chambers. Sekajja would have been a favourite if he had stayed longer. Same for Dan Sweeney who scored a goal a game for a short spell of about 10 games from midfield. I think we have not included many of the existing squad because they haven't proved themselves yet!

Last edited:
I thought he was a very wholehearted forward with a good all round game once his confidence rose with regular starts and goals. His abrupt departure looked like a classic case of an interfering agent persuading him he was too good for us. He's now benchwarming for Maidenhead, albeit a level higher than ourselves. One of the positive examples of Gavin Rose rehabilitating a career that seemed to have lost its way.

He was so so good away at a midweek match against Billericay in a 2-0 win, just after Tamplin had joined and had beaten Dulwich the previous weekend. He was so silky and everything seemed to stick to him that night. I remember him embarrassing Rob Swaine over and over again.

1. Peter Adenyi
2. Oztumer
3. Clunis
4. Ray Powell
5. Frankie Sawyer
6. Nathan Green
7. Pinnock
8. Sekajja
9. Wilson
10. Kevin James

He was so so good away at a midweek match against Billericay in a 2-0 win, just after Tamplin had joined and had beaten Dulwich the previous weekend. He was so silky and everything seemed to stick to him that night. I remember him embarrassing Rob Swaine over and over again.
He scored our first goal, which was the first in his scoring spree where he averaged close to a goal a game over the final dozen or so matches of the season.

You did. But you can still watch him as he is player/manager at Carshalton.

And it's a sight to behold. They can play some great football.
He turns 40 next month and still often starts games, but I think he plays in midfield for them.

He started out as a 6'3" winger in his early days, spent much of his career as a creative midfielder, then played at centre back in his final two seasons with the Hamlet in 2012-14. I've never seen anyone play centre back quite like that, he completely redefined the role with his languid ball-playing style.

He scored our first goal, which was the first in his scoring spree where he averaged close to a goal a game over the final dozen or so matches of the season.

He turns 40 next month and still often starts games, but I think he plays in midfield for them.

He started out as a 6'3" winger in his early days, spent much of his career as a creative midfielder, then played at centre back in his final two seasons with the Hamlet in 2012-14. I've never seen anyone play centre back quite like that, he completely redefined the role with his languid ball-playing style.
Yep, he's a luxurious midfield general these days. And clearly no mug at all in the management stakes.

Incidentally, watched Carshalton demolish Cray Wanderers the other week and Daniel Pappoe had the league's top scorer in his pocket. One of the best individual performances I've seen for ages. Completely different player to the one who was briefly at Champion Hill.

Back
Top Bottom