Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tony Martin Interview

I have uncles and cousins who share far right material on Facebook. They are not people I have any dealings with and have no bearing on my actions.

That is not to say that Martin is a good/bad person or his actions were right or wrong. Just that an uncle is not a factor.

and you can qualify that with...
Qualify it with? You mean back it up? Of course i can. You, of course could just type his name into google with BNP.

Tony Martin, the Norfolk farmer jailed for shooting dead a gypsy burglar, has become a supporter of the British National Party, urging people to vote for the far-Right racist movement that wants legal immigrants "voluntarily repatriated".

Martin has admitted attending a meeting of the BNP in the past two weeks and says that he has recently been to gatherings of the National Front, the other well-known far-Right party in Britain

He maybe a cunt.
But as the burglars broke into an isolated farmhouse without his illegal shotgun he'd be dead.
I give the benefit of doubt to the bloke who didn't start the shitshow.

The interview in the clip above also came from a channel 4 dramatization called The interrogation of Tony Martin. Basically they used the Police Interview tapes in a verbatim dramatization, I think its still available on More 4.

As someone who really only remembers the case vaguely from news story it was a fascinating if disturbing program and there was clearly a lot more to it then the press made out at the time. I think its fair to say Tony Martin was / is a pretty strange character.

Reactions: tim
He maybe a cunt.
But as the burglars broke into an isolated farmhouse without his illegal shotgun he'd be dead.
I give the benefit of doubt to the bloke who didn't start the shitshow.

Juries tend to do that, although in this case, having heard all the evidence, they rejected the choice of returning a manslaughter verdict, and found him guilty of murder, on a majority of 10 to 2.

Not really sure why a far right vigilante deserves a wider audience :confused:

Sure, but I prefer Batman to BNP man...

No apologies for intruding on your internet echo chamber. It was a legally interesting case where the perspective of the actual perpetrator adds quite abit. I wasn't aware of the TV programme the clip was lifted from, nor of the the direct BNP connection identified by some posters so pleased I shared it with the Urban hive mind. The clip hardly puts the perp in a particularly positive light either.

No apologies for intruding on your internet echo chamber. It was a legally interesting case where the perspective of the actual perpetrator adds quite abit. I wasn't aware of the TV programme the clip was lifted from, nor of the the direct BNP connection identified by some posters so pleased I shared it with the Urban hive mind. The clip hardly puts the perp in a particularly positive light either.

Fair enough. Apart from the echo chamber/hive mind nonsense.

Juries tend to do that, although in this case, having heard all the evidence, they rejected the choice of returning a manslaughter verdict, and found him guilty of murder, on a majority of 10 to 2.

Of course he delibderately shot him. Did he ever deny that?

Martin probably got convicted initially because his initial defence (that he'd fired downstairs after being startled by a torch) was nonsense and clearly disproved by the forensic evidence; if he'd said he had flipped at being burgled and shot Barras and his colleague out of rage and without remembering the exact sequence of events he would probably not have been convicted of anything other than the gun charge.

Back
Top Bottom