Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

This Is My House

paolo

Anyone watched... on iPlayer?

Oh my... this is the funniest thing I’ve watched in years. Like Goggle Box, a simple idea that on paper sounds like it can’t possibly work... but is actually true genius.

Four people claim a house is theirs. Celeb panel try to guess whose house it really is. It sounds shit. I haven’t laughed so much in ages.

Press reviews are mixed - Graun five stars, whilst the Times has it down at two.

Last edited:
Isn't that just Through The Keyhole with David Frost/LLoyd Grossman but they've reversed the slebs/plebs round.

Isn't that just Through The Keyhole with David Frost/LLoyd Grossman but they've reversed the slebs/plebs round.

That’s what it sounds like on paper. It is soooo not that in the execution. You’d have to watch it - 10 mins of it - to understand why.

I put it on, seemed fairly inoffensive background fluff. Daughter came down with 25 minutes to go and seemed interested. Bed time though, so now I have to watch it all again with her today and find out which fern it is.

LLB though!!! Jebus look at him. . . And why is he there? Cheapened the whole thing.

One hour is a bit bloody long.

I watched this and surprisingly really enjoyed it. I loved sussing out it was- I was right! The acting is terrible :D

It’s the constant sniping that made it for me,

Contestant A: ”This our sofa, we got it from Facebook marketplace for £300. I hate it.”
Contestant B: “FACEBOOK MARKETPLACE?!? I can’t be believe she said that. It cost me FOUR GRAND”

I did proper LOL at that and many other counter-claims.

I put it on, seemed fairly inoffensive background fluff. Daughter came down with 25 minutes to go and seemed interested. Bed time though, so now I have to watch it all again with her today and find out which fern it is.

LLB though!!! Jebus look at him. . . And why is he there? Cheapened the whole thing.

At about 40 minutes I was thinking hmm... maybe over stretched... but they did change up a gear for the final section. And there’s a pay-off in the reveal - cute, I thought, but others could easily find it just too sickly sweet.

In the next one, one of the Ferns will reappear as a Michael. Am curious to see how they present that to the audience.

I think this is going to be a marmite TV format. I can’t wait.

why does EVERYTHING have to involve celebrities? puts me off watching it because deep down you know you're part of a PR attempt to give said celebs some exposure aka money for nothing.
noticed even shitty gameshows now have celeb editions. can't even have random people winning a boat on bullseye anymore!

Regarding LLB I got him confused with Dave Ghrol :oops: and I love Dave Ghrol. To be fair I fell asleep in a stoned haze with a Paloma Faith documentary on.....and woke up to a Foo Fighters in concert and thought 'What's LLB doing? :D

why does EVERYTHING have to involve celebrities? puts me off watching it because deep down you know you're part of a PR attempt to give said celebs some exposure aka money for nothing.
noticed even shitty gameshows now have celeb editions. can't even have random people winning a boat on bullseye anymore!
I guess they are hoping the celebs will say something informed and witty to liven things up. Didn't really happen in this show. Looked like long shoots heavily edited rather than chemistry and riffing.

The presenters a but flipping flatline. In general a fun idea that could be a little bit more fun than it is, though I'm glad they didn't give it the come dine with me treatment.

Last edited:
At about 40 minutes I was thinking hmm... maybe over stretched... but they did change up a gear for the final section. And there’s a pay-off in the reveal - cute, I thought, but others could easily find it just too sickly sweet.

In the next one, one of the Ferns will reappear as a Michael. Am curious to see how they present that to the audience.

I think this is going to be a marmite TV format. I can’t wait.
We watched the last of it and the daughter asked if there are any more. Can't have been that bad. I got it right by the way. I thought it was bloody obvious by the last 10 minutes, but my daughter got it wrong so who knows.

We watched the last of it and the daughter asked if there are any more. Can't have been that bad. I got it right by the way. I thought it was bloody obvious by the last 10 minutes, but my daughter got it wrong so who knows.

Yeah that contestant was a definite candidate from early on.

I had two contestants down as possibles, same as the panel. But my final choice was wrong.

I guess they are hoping the celebs will say something informed and witty to liven things up. Didn't really happen in this show. Looked like long shoots heavily edited rather than chemistry and riffing.

The presenters a but flipping flatline. In general a fun idea that could be a little bit more fun than it is, though I'm glad they didn't give it the come dine with me treatment.

The panel is there just as glue really, they’re not really adding huge value. All the fun - I think - comes from the contestants.

The present see
It was obvious straight away!
I did think so, but the programme makers edited in anything that made it look like they were slipping up, something they didn't do for the others. I didn't get that they were doing this straight away, it later became quite obvious. Seeing this is the first episode and they have already resorted to that does not bode well (historically you show your best episode first). Though someone here said that one of the actors gets carried over into the next episode, so maybe they didn't have a choice (unless of course they filmed sections for both eps that could show they did either before or after).

Another series of this on iplayer. Down to 30 mins an episode so a bit snappier. Great fluffy TV though :D

This is currently the program that all the family can watch (which is to say Mum, Dad and a 10 year old and 4 year old).

Yes, the rest of the time I'm examining Eisenstein or Kurosawa obscurities, but I have now come to value content that all four of us can enjoy.

It's fun as we all guess the wrong person who lives in the house as we wait for the latest Richard Madeley partridge-ism (clue - it's never a long wait).

Caught the last five minutes yesterday. I was wondering who the weird bald scrunched up ogre was (didn't say a word, just stood there blankly smiling like something from one flew over the cuckoo's nest). . . just at the last minute it dawned on me that it was Shaun William 'he'll lie down beside ya' Ryder .

Bloody hell! Where did all the time go.

Back
Top Bottom