Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Things to look out for in Lidl and Aldi

Recently found that Aldi do a 'Luxury Olive Salad Selection' and it lives up to its name. Olives with sun dried tomatoes and chunks of Manchego cheese.

Someome at work has been raving about 'THE PINK STUFF' which is a 'MIRACLE CLEANING PASTE' - £1.49 for a big tub of it. I'll try it at some point and report back.

Recently found that Aldi do a 'Luxury Olive Salad Selection' and it lives up to its name. Olives with sun dried tomatoes and chunks of Manchego cheese.

Someome at work has been raving about 'THE PINK STUFF' which is a 'MIRACLE CLEANING PASTE' - £1.49 for a big tub of it. I'll try it at some point and report back.

Tbh the pink stuff is just a pink, thicker version of cif, it's OK but still requires a fair bit of elbow grease. Quite good on hob tops and oven doors. The olive selection sounds amazing. I am currently trying to not eat the entire chocolate chip Sliced Brioche loaf that I got in Aldi today for £1.40, I am genuinely struggling.

I think the main ingredient of The Pink Stuff Paste is Bicarbonate of Soda in a soap mixture with some ground quartz added (very abrasive, do not use on anything that will scratch) and red dye added to make it pink.

Now Bicarb that you buy in the baking section of the supermarket is expensive, but you can buy big tubs of non-food grade bicarb for use in cleaning quite cheap online.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but these crisps are a much cheaper, just as good Aldi version of the amazing crisps from Co-op of the same name. I think they are about 79p, and very tasty.

4088600198392_0_L.jpg

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but these crisps are a much cheaper, just as good Aldi version of the amazing crisps from Co-op of the same name. I think they are about 79p, and very tasty.

4088600198392_0_L.jpg

Oooh, nice, they sound posh, but might end up being a treat on a lower budget shop, I like this sort of tip!!

4088600198392_0_L.jpg

These are amazing as are the prawn cocktail version (good with little cubes of cheese), we eat an obscene amount of crisps and these are better than most hand cooked crisps and cheaper.

The four packs of " All Butter Croissants" seem good.Have taken to chugging the first two by way of a lightning breakfast and finishing the pack for elevenses.They also keep for ages if the pack is sealed.Probably not beloved of arteries everywhere obviously.
Aldi's hardware is proving its worth as well.Have been making owl boxes to encourage the owls and discourage the mice which eat the tops of my beetroot.Lots of 3cm screws needed so Aldi's tubs of screws have been invaluable.

View attachment 295328
These are the fake toffee crisps, that are delicious. And the small one loves the reindeer ice cream Lollies as well.

We like the fake mini mars bars from Lidl, they are really cheap and really nice, we don't have an Aldi and our Lidl is a very tedious bus ride away so whenever we go there we tend to just fill a trolley with sweets and fizzy pop (Lidl cola is really good) :oops:

Back
Top Bottom