Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Things to look out for in Lidl and Aldi

There's always lots of good flavours of those Jaffa Cake type things in Polish/Eastern European supermarkets near me. I've seen blueberry flavour amongst others in there before.

Got a few other wines bits too but I think that was about £20-25 so decent value.

The dumplings are fucking great. Wonder if they can be frozen? Might get some more if so.
Again one of those shops I mentioned up there have freezers full of bags of pierogis. Very nice they are too. Sauerkraut to go with them too. They also have a delightful range of Muller yoghurty milkshakes, lots of cottage cheese products and kebab flavoured crisps :D

Again one of those shops I mentioned up there have freezers full of bags of pierogis. Very nice they are too. Sauerkraut to go with them too. They also have a delightful range of Muller yoghurty milkshakes, lots of cottage cheese products and kebab flavoured crisps :D
I have had the kebab flavoured crisps I think? Local Indian Nisa has a good crisp range. Can't remember the Kebab crisp brand but think they also do Spare Rib too :hmm:

Sauerkraut I like to have but it always seems to be in huge jars :D don't tend to use that often.

I have had the kebab flavoured crisps I think? Local Indian Nisa has a good crisp range. Can't remember the Kebab crisp brand but think they also do Spare Rib too :hmm:

Sauerkraut I like to have but it always seems to be in huge jars :D don't tend to use that often.
That's the joy of international foodstuff stores, they usually have smaller pouches of sauerkraut in the fridge rather than the jumbo pots we get in the boring supermarkets. It goes well with Swedish meatballs as well.

I rather liked these ones

photo-5.jpg

That's the joy of international foodstuff stores, they usually have smaller pouches of sauerkraut in the fridge rather than the jumbo pots we get in the boring supermarkets. It goes well with Swedish meatballs as well.

I rather liked these ones

photo-5.jpg
I think that is the pack :cool:

This.

Cook-from-frozen chicken fillets in cornflake crumb coating from Lidl. The packaging seems to indicate they sell them in UK Lidls too. I’m basically addicted to them, which is a problem as Lidl only stock them one week each year. Soon my freezer stock will decline to zero and I’ll be waiting for next year‘s “Mexicana Week” :hmm:

BECCDF78-1AE8-4F81-9E25-724A07290D65.jpeg

987C9E83-B798-4D38-B7F9-1CCE918E2D08.jpeg

A9A180A2-B8D5-4C07-AA7C-41AB1410EB5A.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm down near the Old Kent Road now. We have an Asda's a Lidl , an aldi and a food warehouse adjacent to one bus stop. The food warehouse looks like a cash and carry for the poor.

Food warehouse is a big Iceland isn't it? I thought it was for people with cars.
I didn't go in as I was weighed down with Lidl bags but looked in the windows. Yes a big iceland look and posters on the windows advertising big packets of this and that.
They must have a certain something existing on this stretch with the competition right there. I will go and have a proper look soon.

Went to Aldi in Camden tonight and found them selling smoked, streaky ready to eat crispy bacon.

I don't eat much meat but this was one of those times where I had to stop myself from eating the whole lot in one go 🐖

Back
Top Bottom