Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Things to look out for in Lidl and Aldi

Lidl -Bolliquem, Portugal: only went to get some goose breasts which were 4.99 euro a kilo but came out with 10 litrs of red in 2 wine boxes for 9 euros, 2 duck breasts a 2.99 each, a whole duck for 3.99, 3 packets of rissois which are breaded pastries that you fry , prawn, fish and salt cod for 9 euros, a whole rolled Turkey breat 5.99 a kilo which was 4.50, fake Baileys 4.99, 8 king scallops 7.99 euros and a load of cheeses. came home read the brochure in a bar and spotted a leg of lamb ,the top half for 7.99 a kilo and T Bone for 18 euros a kilo. Was thinking of nipping back tomoz but i'll only end up buying more so I'll leave it.

We went to Lidl today and came out with a load of stuff that we didn't actually need (this is how they make their money you know!!!), but I think the bargain item was a bottle of Argentinian Malbec for £2.99 - at least I think it was a bargain, we haven't tried it yet!

I'm not vegan but Aldi vegan frozen 'no beef' pasties are pretty good at £1.29 for 2. The filling is a bit like the old Linda McCartney country pies, soya mince, carrot, potato and onion, nice and peppery.

They do vegan sausage rolls aswell, 4 for same price but I didn't think they were that tasty.

I'm not vegan but Aldi vegan frozen 'no beef' pasties are pretty good at £1.29 for 2. The filling is a bit like the old Linda McCartney country pies, soya mince, carrot, potato and onion, nice and peppery.

They do vegan sausage rolls aswell, 4 for same price but I didn't think they were that tasty.
McCartney's country pies have changed and are crap now. Will look for them pasties in my local Aldi :oldthumbsup:

Again no vegan, but I do like to keep the spicy bean burgers from Aldi in the freezer. Better then cheap meat ones by a long shot!

We went to Lidl today and came out with a load of stuff that we didn't actually need (this is how they make their money you know!!!), but I think the bargain item was a bottle of Argentinian Malbec for £2.99 - at least I think it was a bargain, we haven't tried it yet!
It's...all right, but probably only as a second or third bottle, TBF. I'm working my way through one as a bottle of cooking wine, although I started it as a post-pub tipple.

Aldi 100% peanut butter now in 1kg tubs for £4.

The smaller jars seem to be moving towards the rich roast and increasing in price from £1.25 to £1.45. Old stuff on the right.

40204934.jpg

This is a good drop from Aldi. It really does have a milkshake twang rather than just pineapple.

Attachments

• 98179842_688680231675478_6656690844801695744_n.jpg
    98179842_688680231675478_6656690844801695744_n.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: izz
For the past 2 weeks my local Aldi had no plain chocolate digestives. Today the sign isn't even there anymore. Bearing in mind I'm a one shop person and this is a staple I think they may not be stocking them anymore.

Can anyone confirm their absence around the country or is this a local thing?

I've had this with Aldi before. It's usually because the factory they are being made at has had some hygiene warning or some crap and had to shut or stop making a particular product. It usually comes back after a while, but then always doesn't taste the same as it did before. If that's a good thing or not, I'm not sure.

There's nothing on the product recall page.

I've not been in there since lockdown and being doing click & collects from Asda. Not helpful I know.

I've had this with Aldi before. It's usually because the factory they are being made at has had some hygiene warning or some crap and had to shut or stop making a particular product. It usually comes back after a while, but then always doesn't taste the same as it did before. If that's a good thing or not, I'm not sure.

There's nothing on the product recall page.

I've not been in there since lockdown and being doing click & collects from Asda. Not helpful I know.

Yea maybe they have the same supplier as Tesco, it says on their website 'product unavailable'.

Back
Top Bottom